Senior Estimator – Rail Ref: AM11754
Join a very talented Estimating and Commercial Group and price from first principles on high profile bids in the Rail industry.
A great opportunity for a talented and ambitious Rail–focused Senior Estimator to join the large bidding group of a Tier 1 UK Infrastructure Services Provider and benefit from highly stimulating work, tailored training and a progressive career path.
Amey, a leading consulting and infrastructure support services provider with nearly 20,000 employees is behind the public services used every day – from roads, railways and schools to waste, airports, water and energy. As a key member of our very successful, 50+ staff Commercial & Estimating Group, you’ll provide critical pre-contract support and subject matter expertise across our high-profile Rail bids.
You’ll lead the estimating process on specific large bids; prepare high quality detailed tenders and estimates; price from first principles; assist with pricing strategy and tender review processes; develop a library of outputs and pricing data; review tenders to identify lessons learnt, participate in the detailed risk assessment process on bids and support, mentor and train junior colleagues.
Why you should consider this role
- Amey is a large, diverse and fast-evolving organisation with a strong track record of successfully bidding for high-profile Rail contracts
- The scale of the Group ensures continual challenge, plenty of learning opportunities and career progression (i.e. Principal Estimator, Commercial Management or leadership options)
- You’ll join a very talented team with a strong collaborative culture and an acute focus on training & development which is highly tailored to the individual
- Ample opportunity to deepen specialist sector experience or at a future point work more widely across Amey’s other key sectors
- You can be proud to be part of an organisation that’s focused on building, maintaining and investing in the UK’s services and infrastructure; creating better places for everyone
What are we looking for?
- Senior Estimator with Rail sector bidding experience with a Tier 1 or Tier 2 Service Provider. A Subject Matter Expert who has independently priced from first principles on large-scale, high value/quality tender submissions
- Degree in a relevant engineering/commercial discipline or qualified by experience
- Commercially aware, self-motivated, proactive, highly numerate and analytical
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – able to adapt to varied stakeholders
- Flexible to travel widely across the UK as per the varying bid team locations
- Strong Excel/Word. Knowledge of proprietary estimating systems would be useful
Amey’s main offices are in Liverpool, Birmingham, Oxfordshire & London. Candidate proximity to one of these locations could be useful but we’ll consider candidates residing in a range of areas across the UK.
Publicada el 26-09-2019
Área funcional: Control de Proyecto/ Gestión de costes
London North, Midlands, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent