Site Supervisor – Utilities Ref: AM11358
Location: Mansfield or Derby
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That’s why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
Amey are working in partnership with Severn Trent Water to deliver their AMP 6 Sewer maintenance contract. This particular role will be focusing on the minor reactive civils repairs on the waste water network.
Our Site Agents need the confidence and ability to think on their feet to deliver defined results and ensure project delivery. You will be in charge of site operations, directing and organising site activities to ensure that the planned work is delivered safely and on time; and monitoring that performance meets recognised standards of productivity, quality and compliance with essential health and safety provisions.
This role is ideal if you have knowledge of the waste water industry and have experience of acting as a site agent before or even managing the site’s operations
What will this role involve?
- Resource suitably competent staff to complete activities and provide sufficient and timely supervision, assessment and coaching to ensure gangs are performing to agreed production levels
- Undertake detailed site visits
- Perform weekly fleet and plant checks ensuring fleet, plant and equipment maintenance is carried out and is calibrated within the correct timescales
- Perform quality checks in line with contract specification and contract statement of requirements
- Ensure that gangs have appropriate vehicles, equipment stores and skills to perform allocated work
- Perform fluidity tasks to ensure work can be executed on time and without issue.
- Ensure operative records (operative list, gang maintenance, job titles, skills and training) are accurate and kept up to date each week
- Liaise with customers, clients, local authorities and other interested third parties regarding past, present or future works
- Support client and ensure all agreed KPIs are met or exceeded
- Comply with the relevant Company HSQE and welfare policy provisions
- Regularly undertake all necessary and appropriate Tool Box Talks, Briefings and other communications and attend cascade briefings as directed and in a timely manner
- Out of hours and weekend work as required; this is allocated via a standby rota
What are we looking for?
- Able to drive with a full, current, valid driving licence
- NRSWA Supervisor Certificate
- Safety Management training
- IOSH managing safely
- Understanding Health and safety legislation
- In depth knowledge of streetworks regulations
- Computer literate
- Proven experience in leading a delivery team with the ability to motivate and coach people
- Demonstrable experience in solving problems, resolving conflict, arbitrate, negotiate and make sound judgements and decisions
What makes this role unique?
You will be responsible for the submission of accurate site records to enable the effective monitoring of programme and cost plans as requested and to agreed format as applicable.
Publicada el 11-09-2019
Área funcional: Ingeniería
Nottingham, Midlands Oriental, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent