Administrative Assistant (Temporary) – Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Ref: USA00542
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Provides administrative, financial, procurement, 3rd party claims support to Project
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for new hire process to include new hire paperwork, payroll set up; benefit enrollment maintenance and on-boarding. Coordinate and conduct new employee orientation, ensuring all necessary new hire paperwork is accurate and completed. Responsible for new hire data entry while creating and maintaining all necessary employee records
- Process all employee actions to include transfers, vacations, promotions, merit, bonus, pay adjustments and terminations. Ensure that all necessary documents are received and approved.
- Responsible for the efficient administration of the project by answering telephone calls, greeting visitors and distributing mail. Responds and delegates requests for information.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, conferences and travel as requested.
- Prepares monthly reports in a timely, accurate manner including but not limited to client required reports, overtime, payroll and SAP reports and work
- Responsible for keying payroll hours and work activities for project employees in a timely and order activity reports.
- Maintain confidential employee files and other project filing including training and license records and vendor insurance certifications.
- Responsible for purchasing supplies, maintaining equipment, rental and vendor contracts, 3rd claims, client deliverable, and Adopt a Highway
- Responsible for the administration of the projects accounts payable and receivable including reconciliation, verification, and distribution.
- Assist in the administration of fleet management system including data entry and invoice review
- Answers the hot phone and manages all inquiries including recording and tracking of all inquiries to ensure all requests are responded to within contract requirements. Dispatch employees to accidents, repairs or other concerns of client or public.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work flexibly and willingness to work extensively to meet business needs
- High level of attention to detail, initiative, problem solving, personal organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong organizational, administrative, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Requires minimum supervision.
- Works well with ambiguity.
- Strong strategic thinking.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED (Required)
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in office administration / customer relations (Required)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook (Required)
- Driver’s License with good driving record (Required).
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify inefficient practices and develop best practice solutions.
- SAP experience strongly preferred
Work Conditions/ Physical Demands
Working office environment
Occasional time in the field in heat and cold temperature
Sitting for extended periods of time
Minimal bending, squatting, stretching
Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Publicada el 31-12-2099
Área funcional: Administración
Tipo de contrato: Temporal