Apprentice Arborist Ref: AM10808
To be a member of the Amey Apprenticeship Programme and work towards an Apprenticeship Framework to achieve industry related qualifications. To gain practical workplace experience by learning from industry experts whilst having the opportunity to complete the Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Business Award.
• Gain the relevant qualifications for the appropriate level of apprenticeship:
Qualifications gained: S/NVQ Level 2 and Functional Skills (if required)
• To complete the relevant Apprenticeship Framework (industry related qualifications) through appropriate method of study (college, training providers).
• Gain workplace practical experience through on the job learning.
• Complete all elements of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Business Award or relevant personal development programme within designated time frames.
• Adhere to Amey’s health and safety policies.
Role Specific Responsibilities
• Assist the operational teams in carrying out routine maintenance of highway trees.
• Help the team produce an onsite risk assessment.
• Assist the team in carrying out various admin/practical tasks like daily drivers checks/PPE checks.
• Undertake any training relevant to the job.
• Intermediate Apprenticeship
Ideally to have 2 GCSE’s (or equivalent) grades A*- C (9 to 4) in Maths and English. Consideration will be given to applicants with lower level qualifications for Apprenticeships in some areas.
• Organisational skills and time management skills to coordinate both the practical work and study elements of the programme.
• Good communication skills as working with the community and dealing with the public is a vital aspect of the role.
• Specific experience is not required but applicants should be able to demonstrate an interest in the area of work they are applying for.
• To be a representative of the Amey Apprenticeship Programme and to act appropriately at all times.
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic and passion for the chosen area of work.
• To be responsible for individual personal development by completing appropriate qualifications.
• Excellent time keeping and organisational skills.
• Understand the importance of teamwork.
• An awareness of Health and Safety risks.
• Awareness of environmental issues like bio security.
Role specific requirements
• Applicants for roles working adjacent to the Highway must be at least age 18 on date of commencement.
• Applicants for other roles (Office based; Depot/Facilities Management) must be at least age 16 on date of commencement.
• There is no upper age limit.
• A driving licence or commitment to obtaining one is desirable for non-office-based roles.
Publicada el 09-07-2019
Área funcional: Operaciones / Producción
Yorkshire, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Fixed Term