Electrician – Cocoa Beach, FL Ref: USA00582
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Maintains the electrical requirements of the Project.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates safe Maintenance of Traffic (M.O.T) control by setup and removal of traffic control devices including cones, message/arrow boards, temporary signage, etc.
- Installation, maintenance and repair of electrical equipment including but not limited to transformers, switchboards, panel boards, conduit systems, disconnects, contactors, circuit breakers, motor starters, relays, controllers, motors, heaters, CCTV cameras, lane control signals, electronic message signs, lighting, PLC, VFD etc.
- Knowledgeable about NEC codes and requirement
- Uses advanced troubleshooting skills to accurately diagnose causes of faults across the full spectrum of electrical assets and systems in a timely manner. Implements cost-effective and reliable repairs to NEC standards.
- Must maintain quality workmanship
- Must work in collaboration with other trades, teams, and inspectors
- Basic maintenance and repair of structures
- Required to be available for emergency response rotations as need for overtime, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Electricians should be able to demonstrate knowledge of electrical assets and systems found in complex industrial electrical environments.
- They must practice safe work methods to remain accident and injury free.
- You must have the ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident.
- You will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to your job.
- Electricians should also possess the ability to cooperate and communicate with co-workers and supervisor. Electricians should be able to perform basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply divide, calculate proportions, percentages, measurements).
- Must also be able to understand instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, and electrical schematics, and applicable electrical meters.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED
- License-Electrical Journeyman in the County/State of the Project
- Two years’ experience at journeyman level in an industrial / commercial environment (Preferred)
- Licensed Electrical Journeyman or ability to obtain license within 3 months of hire (Required)
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record (Required)
Work Conditions / Physical Demands
- The employee is regularly required to stand; sit; walk on a wide range of surfaces; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds Use manual and powered pneumatic, hydraulic, gas, and electric powered tools and equipment Vision abilities include close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work from heights in bucket trucks, scaffolding, ladders and aerial platforms lifts.
- Must be able to work in tight spaces.
- Must be able to work in heat and cold.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high precarious places; fume or airborne particles.
- Occasional exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Publicada el 31-12-2099
Área funcional: Skilled Trade/Field
Cocoa Beach, Florida, Estados Unidos
Tipo de contrato: Indefinido