Finance Assistant (potential CIMA / ACCA study) Ref: AM09820
Excellent opportunity to join a busy Group Finance Accounts team in Oxford and where applicable, be supported through CIMA or ACCA accounting exams.
£21.5 – £25k
A fantastic development opportunity for an ambitious Finance Assistant who is keen to join a large, dynamic organisation and where applicable be supported through CIMA or ACCA accounting exams as you progress towards becoming a Management Accountant.
Amey, a leading consulting and infrastructure support services provider with nearly 20,000 employees are the people behind the public services you use every day – from roads, railways and schools to waste, airports, water and energy. Nearly every person in the UK will benefit from at least one Amey service each day.
This role is part of a busy, specialist Group Finance team of 9 (Assistants & Management Accountants) that’s focused on a broad range of daily transactional processing services across a large diverse organisation, encompassing almost 70 separate corporate legal entities and a high level of financial transactional processes.
You’ll primarily focus on cash office and journal processing, bank and control account reconciliations, control coding of centralised purchase invoices, accounts analysis, VAT & inter-company transactions and purchasing card processes. As you gain more experience, you’ll also have the chance to support the month end, cash flow actuals and various projects.
Why you should consider this role
- The hiring manager is very focused on mentoring and professional development. Where applicable, you’ll be supported through your accounting exams (including generous study leave) and benefit from career progression within the team and more widely within Amey
- You’ll sit with and learn from some great Management Accountants. If you’re very capable and keen to progress, becoming a Management Accountant doesn’t need to take years
- The scale and complexity of Amey ensures stimulating challenges and learning
- You can be proud to be part of an organisation that’s focused on building, maintaining and investing in the UK’s services and infrastructure; creating better places for everyone
What are we looking for?
- 1-2+ years of Accounts Finance experience (good understanding of debits/credits etc). Some evidence of additional learning & progression and a genuine desire to pursue accounting exams (AAT/ACCA/CIMA)
- Intermediate Excel is mandatory (VLOOKUP/pivot tables etc). SAP knowledge is useful
- Proactive, team player, analytical and a high attention to detail
- Customer-focused and strong communication skills – you’ll enjoy solving problems and be comfortable engaging widely with a range of internal/external stakeholders
Publicada el 25-09-2019
Área funcional: Finanzas
Oxford, Sudeste, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent