Licensed Mechanic – Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Ref: USA00302
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of project vehicles and equipment by executing expertise in repairing all types of vehicles and equipment through inspection and servicing of all vehicles, holding performance testing and replacing or repairing defective vehicle components, diagnose of operational issues and complying with provincial requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Thoroughly inspecting vehicles and equipment and detecting any malfunctions or damages and performing repairs or replacements as needed using proper tools and equipment
- Placing orders for necessary spare parts and ensuring the timely procurement of the same
- Diagnose problems and vehicle operation issues and recommend change of parts or any other necessary services for the vehicle
- Accurate daily maintenance records/reports and preparation of cost estimates for repairs and service requests.
- Ensuring all company vehicles and equipment are safe pass inspections and comply with provincial standards and regulations
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and follow maintenance manuals, parts books, wiring diagrams, and inspection procedures.
- Ability to write MTO and preventive maintenance inspection reports, and maintain hand tools in safe operating condition is essential.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to proactively problem-solve and think logically
- Knowledge of policies/procedures and legislation related to vehicle servicing
- Knowledge of on-board vehicle computerized equipment and associated test equipment
- Skilled in using a laptop to perform systems diagnostics on trucks or coaches
Education and Experience
- High school or equivalent
- 1 + year experience
- This position requires you to maintain a Valid 310T Certification, Valid DZ Driver’s License with acceptable driving record (required)
Work Conditions / Physical Demands
- May work indoors or outdoors in cold or hot temperatures, but more commonly work indoors.
- Exposure to hazardous situations, conditions, and equipment
- Work inside enclosed vehicles, such as semi-trucks, cars, and light duty trucks. Often work in cramped work spaces underneath vehicles that require getting into awkward positions.
- Regularly wear protective gear, such as goggles, face-shields, safety glasses, gloves and earplugs.
- Exposure to contaminants, such as antifreeze, fuel, oil and chemical degreasers, on a daily basis.
- Exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting and uncomfortable on a daily basis.
- Exposure to inadequate lighting conditions
- May work near others, such as when sharing the same space in a garage.
- Consistent bending, kneeling and lying to work on vehicles.
- Regular lifting of 50+ lbs.
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Publicada el 14-02-2019
Área funcional: Skilled Trade/Field
Tipo de contrato: Indefinido