Maintenance I&C Technician (Internals Only) – Miami, FL Ref: USA00585
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Respond to instrument and controls issues at the project. Responsible for troubleshooting and repairs of SCADA, PLC, MCC, controllers for tunnel devices and systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnoses and repairs the cause of instrument and control system malfunctions including transmitters, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), distributive control systems, instrument loops, flow meters, pressure probes, temperature probes, level probes.
- Repair electrical systems control malfunctions of equipment such as transformers, relays, switches, control, generator monitoring and control systems, medium and high voltage distribution systems and monitoring devices.
- Installs new electrical equipment as required.
- Properly uses electrical test equipment and other similar tools.
- Performs (with assistance as needed) the maintenance of equipment by cleaning, adjusting, tightening, performing preventative or corrective maintenance and identifying equipment in need of corrective maintenance.
- Writes, submits and review corrective work orders for approval.
- Initiates purchase orders, coordinates with and directs outside contractors as required to ensure completion of position responsibilities.
- Performs 480V and high voltage switchgear basis electrical systems maintenance (consistent with NEC electrical safety practices) and or supervise outside contractors in the performance of such work including the development of work scope.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of 40CFR Part 75 and Part 60 environmental regulations.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Ability to work from blueprints
- Ability to work well with others, be self-directed and apply creative solutions to unique I&C problems
- Ability to perform data trend analysis on system failures and alarms
- Ability to identify inefficient practices and develop best practice solutions.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree or bachelor’s degree in Industrial Electronics, Electronic Instrumentation, or equivalent engineering studies is preferred.
- Instrumentation & Electrical school education preferred.
- DCS experience is required.
- 10 years’ experience in programmable logic controllers.
- Two years’ experience in an industrial environment.
- Five + years electrical and or instrumentation experience in an industrial environment with the ability to demonstrate journeyman level knowledge.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs, Siemens ruggedcom switches, Bosch camera management.
- Experience with corrective maintenance management system.
- Two years of maintenance experience in an industrial environment and the ability to demonstrate knowledge in the Electrical and/or Instrumentation craft.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
- Highly developed sense of safety awareness and perceptive ability.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs and ladders
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to effectively operate the tools and machinery without causing damage or injury
- May be required to operate a bucket truck or boom lift
- Protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties (e.g. hard hats, safety glasses, air masks, ear protection, and high voltage protective equipment, etc.).
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Publicada el 31-12-2099
Área funcional: Skilled Trade/Field
Miami, Florida, Estados Unidos
Tipo de contrato: Indefinido