Mechanic – Washington, DC Ref: USA00596
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of project intake/exhaust fans and equipment by executing expertise in repairing all types of mechanical equipment through inspection and servicing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Thoroughly inspect fans, auxiliary equipment and detect any malfunctions or damage. Perform repairs or replacements as needed using proper tools and equipment
- Place orders for necessary spare parts and ensure the timely procurement of the same
- Diagnose problems and equipment operational issues and recommend replacement of parts or any other necessary services.
- Accurate daily maintenance records/reports and preparation of cost estimates for repairs and service requests.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to professionally interact with customers/employees
- Ability to detect malfunctions and a sound understanding of using all repair tools, equipment and testing machinery.
- Good understanding of current principles, techniques and practices used in repairing and maintaining equipment as well as electronic/electrical support systems.
- Ability to understand technical service manuals.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 + years related work experience
- OSHA 10 training
Work Conditions / Physical Demands
- Outside environment
- Indoor shop environment
- Ability lift and/or move items over 50 pounds
- Frequent exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
- Noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Publicada el 31-12-2099
Área funcional: Skilled Trade/Field
Washington, Distrito de Columbia, Estados Unidos
Tipo de contrato: Indefinido