Operational Safety Advisor Ref: AM11206
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That’s why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the role?
We are looking to appoint an experienced Operational Safety Advisor within our Consulting business. In this key role you will work alongside our management teams, your role will be to add value providing tactical support, information and guidance necessary for the operations team to deliver their service in a safe and compliant manner.
What will this role involve?
- Supporting project and site management team with the management of health and safety on site.
- Managing Project Safety documentation and ensuring compliance with CDM Regs.
- Actively communicate with the management team and work force on health and safety matters.
- Undertake monthly work force involvement groups to promote regular communication with the workforce.
- Develop an inspection plan for the project and undertake inspections.
- Undertake audits in line with Business Unit Audit Plan.
- Provide feedback on effective policy and procedure implementation.
- Monitor the effectiveness of risk measures in place and propose improvements.
- Communicate examples of best practice to the project team.
- Ensure site level training compliance.
- Carrying out incident investigations to identify root causes and provide lessons learned.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent.
- Minimum technical membership of IOSH
- Strong understanding of safety management systems polices and strategies within an asset intensive engineering environment.
- Excellent communicator with a natural ability for building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- You will have the ability to use a wide range of techniques to influence change at all levels of the organisation.
- Possess a well-structured, systematic approach with the ability to identify and analyse complex technical issues and understand risks to enable you to implement appropriate solutions.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to conduct incident and accident investigations using the TopSet methodology and provide advice on preventive actions to address root cause
- Able to undertake audits to current versions of ISO 9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 is practical.
Publicada el 28-09-2019
Área funcional: Seguridad y Salud
Motherwell, Escocia, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent