Pension Operations Manager Ref: AM11264
A talented and ambitious Pension Operations Manager to take on a DB/DC/group risk role in an in-house expert pensions team
A great opportunity for a talented and ambitious Pension Operations Manager to undertake a challenging role in a uniquely diverse and highly stimulating large company environment.
Amey, a leading consulting and infrastructure support services provider with nearly 20,000 employees is behind the public services used every day – from roads, railways and schools to waste, airports, water and energy. The pension landscape here is very broad and expansive with a variety of defined benefit and defined contribution schemes including public sector and industry-wide pension schemes, together with the Company’s death-in-service arrangements due to the specific needs of diverse business units.
The jobholder will be a member of the pensions management team whose role is to manage Amey’s pension risk and cost at both a strategic and operational level. Whilst all pension-related activities are administered in-house via a dedicated pensions administration team, the breadth, diversity and complexity of the pension landscape, combined with continual change resulting from business growth and contract mobilisation/demobilisation, means that the role may feel more like a very dynamic, multi-client consulting position.
This role encompasses a range of pension policies, projects, administration and legislative compliance. Amongst other things, day to day responsibilities include managing a small team, providing guidance to HR, local managers and pension scheme members, query resolution; presentations & training; drafting employee communications; and setting appropriate specifications for administrative processes or software configuration.
Why you should consider this role
- Amey is a large, diverse and fast-evolving organisation with a uniquely broad pension landscape that provides continual challenge, learning opportunities and career progression
- Work as part of an expert in-house pensions team. You’ll liaise broadly with colleagues and benefit from knowledge sharing and a wealth of support and mentoring as required
- Amey has a strong focus on training & development and a highly collaborative culture. You can also be proud to be part of an organisation that’s focused on building, maintaining and investing in the UK’s services and infrastructure; creating better places for everyone
What are we looking for?
- PMI or PFS qualified (or working towards) with DB & DC pensions experience within either specialist pension consulting or in-house environments
- Large company experience and exposure to public sector pension scheme administration, finance accounting, payroll, employment legislation and TUPE would all be advantageous
- Highly personable with excellent written and verbal communication skills (including group presentations). Able to adapt messages to a very diverse range of stakeholders
- Self-motivated, detail focused, analytical, strong planning & organisational skills – comfortable working in a high quality and deadline driven environment
- Good understanding of UK pension legislation and regulatory requirements including pension scheme automatic enrolment
Depending on location, some home working may be available, but with a regular pattern of 2-3 days a week spent with the pension administration team at our Liverpool office and other Amey sites across the UK.
Publicada el 26-09-2019
Área funcional: Finanzas
Liverpool, Noroeste, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent