Planner – Rail Ref: AM11132
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That’s why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To provide detailed and accurate P6 plan including all client & project deliverables and stage gates.
What will this role involve?
Whilst supporting a portfolio of large rail construction projects, including a significant depot build scheme due to complete late 2021, the key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for producing project planning activities from conception to completion
• Compile programmes for projects and advise work teams accordingly
• Build an understanding of project interfaces
• To use the project programme and to adapt sections of the programme as necessary
• Assisting the project team as directed by Management
• Work within the Network Rail planning team as directed by Line Manager
• Integration of the project team with other disciplines to deliver the programmed works.
• Continual improvement of KPI’s including Health and Safety.
What are we looking for?
• Proven track record in multi-disciplinary rail projects.
• Good understanding of the construction/railway industry.
• Understanding of Railway Planning systems – Primavera P6.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act and CDM Regulations.
• Knowledge of accident investigation techniques.
• Highly effective motivator with strong written and spoken communication skills and capable of interfacing at all levels in the organisation.
• Exhibit behaviours that will support and develop collaborative working.
• Understanding commercial processes and requirements.
What makes this role unique?
You will obtain accurate actual progress and forecast to complete resource hours, third party, subcontract and material costs from relevant parties to enable the project plan to be updated each period.
Publicada el 23-09-2019
Área funcional: Ingeniería
Cardiff, Gales, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Fixed Term