Project Engineer – Greater Orlando Area Ref: USA00549
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Serves as technical engineering advisor to project staff on roadway, bridge and facility infrastructure.
*Please Read! This posting represents a potential future project for our organization and is therefore seeking individuals for potential employment contingent upon the outcome. Should this project be granted to the organization, you will be contacted to discuss the opportunity further into a potential offer of employment.
Please be aware that your application submittal is your acknowledgement that your name, resume and qualifications could be selected as part of our company’s bid proposal documentation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures compliance with processes, procedures, and specifications regarding contractual performance standards for roadways, facilities and bridges.
- Quality assurance reviews of project subcontractors and consultant performance and provides recommendations to project staff.
- Performs quality control reviews of submitted roadway lighting, striping reflectivity, attenuator and guardrail, stormwater and bridge inspection reports.
- Determines best approach (self-performance or sub-contract) for bringing roadway, facility and bridge assets into contract compliance considering cost, timelines and efficiency.
- Schedules and coordinates work to be performed.
- Developed contracts to include estimates, quantities, contract language and specifications.
- Inspects in-process and completed work to insure compliance with contract requirements.
- Enters data into the work reporting and other databases/systems.
- May prepare and maintain reports and other documentation including project work plan and checkbook.
- Responds, when needed, to roadway and bridge incident emergencies and coordinates work on-site responders.
- May assist with routine work plan activities such as traffic control and maintenance work.
- Sources and qualifies new sub-contractors.
- Makes suggestions for methods to reduce expenses and improve efficiency.
- Trains and mentors other employees.
- May develop and conduct technical training programs.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with federal, state, and local legal requirements.
- Assists in developing cost saving initiatives through processes and approvals and effective quote competition.
- Develops subcontractor base for daily use.
- Positively contribute to a diverse, inclusive and fair work environment, free from discrimination, bullying and harassment.
- Carry out all duties in line with Company policies and procedures as amended from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work flexibly and willingness to work extensively to meet business needs.
- High level of attention to detail, initiative, problem solving, personal organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to meet contract objectives in time and within budget.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities.
- Strong strategic thinking.
Education and Experience
- B.S. Civil Engineering
- 5 + years in civil engineering with progressive experience in transportation maintenance or construction.
- Experience in contract and sub-contractor management preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record (Required).
- DOT construction certifications (Highly Desirable).
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
Approximately 50% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions and 50% in field through work quality inspection.
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Publicada el 31-12-2099
Área funcional: Skilled Trade/Field
Orlando, Florida, Estados Unidos
Tipo de contrato: Indefinido