Senior Environmentalist (Environmental Delivery Manager) Ref: AM08869
Transport for Wales has awarded KeolisAmey a multi-billion-pound contract to run the country’s rail network. This is the biggest ever contract to be awarded in Wales and we will work closely with Transport for Wales to deliver a new era for passengers and for Wales, with more services, newer trains, better stations and a more reliable network.
As part of this contract we will be delivering £738million South Wales Metro, in partnership with the Welsh Government and the Cardiff Capital Region. The transformation of the South Wales Metro design works have already commenced and these works will continue up until 2024. As part of these works we require an experienced Environmental Delivery Manager to join the team to help us deliver the transformation works.
What are we looking for?
- Coordinate the delivery of environmental surveys and technical reporting required as part of planning and licence applications encompassing:
- Noise & Air Quality
- Ecology and Protected Species
- Habitat Management and Invasive species
- Landscape and Visual
- Water Quality and Flood Risk
- Organising and co-ordinating meetings with statutory authorities and stakeholders.
- Working with design and construction teams to ensure that the relevant environmental surveys, permits and licences have been carried out/obtained within set timeframes without compromising the construction programme.
- Attend engineering integration meetings and be able to authoritatively communicate key environmental requirements to ensure they are captured within preliminary and detailed design.
- Liaising with Principal Contractors during Early Contractor Involvement phases to ensure full awareness of environmental and sustainability requirements. Both planning related, regulatory and contractual.
- Point of contact with full (environmental) responsibility for particular route sections and all associated outputs & products required to drive design through various phases.
- Identify, forecast and resource environmental survey requirements in relation to both the design and construction programmes.
- Leading the design teams and contractors through the CEEQUAL process where CEEQUAL Excellent is expected to be achieved.
- Ensuring health and safety issues are addressed throughout the project and ensuring that all environmental consultants are aware of the project requirements.
- Prioritising project actions and meeting commitments on an on-going basis while taking ownership and responsibility for the quality and completion of work
What are we looking for?
- A strong undergraduate degree in environmental science or a related discipline;
- A minimum of 3 (preferably 5) years demonstrable experience of managing/coordinating environmental design phase works on large rail/infrastructure projects;
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined team, collaborating with colleagues, client and stakeholders as appropriate.
- Experience of working closely with regulatory authorities and various stakeholders on large-scale multidisciplinary projects;
- Have experience of managing a team of environmental consultants and third-party contractors;
- Strong project management skills with effective budgetary control and delivering works in line with tight programme deadlines;
- Relevant post-graduate degree;
- Chartered Environmentalist or equivalent status;
- Strong technical skills and experience in a relevant specialism;
- CEEQUAL Assessor or experience of managing the delivery of CEEQUAL assessments;
- Sound knowledge and experience of Welsh environmental legislation and the Well Being of Future Generations Act.
In order to be successful in this role you will need to be a proactive and self-motivated individual who works well under pressure. It is important to us that you are a leader and a team player but also have the ability to influence and inspire others and above that you have a genuine passionate about the environment.
This is your chance to work on the biggest contract ever to be awarded in Wales. This contract offers an exciting and varied role which will help you develop in your environmental career. We offer excellent benefits for our employees including a Contributory Pension and Life Assurance Scheme, discounted gym membership, staff discounts, 25 days holiday per year plus statutory holidays, Cycle to Work Scheme, private healthcare, childcare vouchers and an Employee Assistance Programme.
Publicada el 25-10-2019
Área funcional: Consultoría
Motherwell, Gales, Reino Unido
Tipo de contrato: Permanent