Staff Accountant – Austin, TX Ref: USA00533
Ferrovial Services North America is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, Ferrovial Services North America, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
This an exciting growth role within a newly acquired international company looking to build and develop a first class accounting team to support the central corporate accounting office for North America, the subsidiary businesses, as well as provide financial reports for consolidation to the Spanish parent company Ferrovial Services. Ideal candidates are motivated, a team-player, and flexible.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with systems implementations, including bank, expense report, fixed assets & leasing system, and balance sheet reconciliation automation.
- Maintain general ledger accounts and monthly financial close tasks including but not limited to amortizations of prepaid accounts, preparing monthly entries for fixed asset depreciation, preparing monthly accruals, allocating corporate cost allocations.
- Work closely with the Tax Group and support tax fillings.
- Compile financial and business data and file reports with the Business of Economic Analysis (BEA) and Census
- Assist the treasury team on reconciling the daily cash movements and other ad hoc tasks.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, adjustments and other ad hoc entries.
- Reconcile payroll and benefits balance sheet clearing accounts.
- Provide financial information by answering accounting procedure questions; researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Assist with annual audit and ongoing compliance.
- Work closely with AP and Purchasing teams to ensure expenses are booked to the correct accounts.
- Analyze the P&L for trends end variances and propose journal entries for month end.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Able to work independently and to be a SME on the role.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel.
- MS Office proficiency, SAP knowledge strongly preferred.
- Analysis, planning and organizing, teamwork, time management, strong communication.
- Knowledge of corporation taxation and treasury desired.
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Comfortable with change.
- Knowledge of internal controls and policies implementation.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent of education and related experience, is required.
- Experienced with full cycle accounting closing.
- CPA a plus
- Minimum of 2+ years in related role
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
Approximately 100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment under normal office conditions
Other duties (not listed) may be assigned to this job at any time.
Safety comes first! Required to complete work in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must demonstrate Ferrovial Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/W/V/D
Should a review of your background indicate a potential match to our job, our team will reach out.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Ferrovial Services N.A., is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Publicada el 31-12-2099
Área funcional: Contabilidad / Auditoría
Austin, Texas, Estados Unidos
Tipo de contrato: Indefinido