Autopista del Sol has from the outset assisted in renovation, conservation and construction projects of iconic buildings n Málaga, Benalmádena, Mijas, Estepona and Casares, all of which are cities and towns located within the area served by the motorway, contributing in excess of MEUR 3.5.
|Project||Town||Description||Certified amount executed|
|Roman Theatre||Málaga||Conservation and restoration||€542.668|
|Senior Citizen’s Club||Mijas||Old post office building renovation||€456.576|
|La Tribuna building||Benalmádena||La Tribuna building renovation||€154.709|
|Clock Tower||Estepona||Renovation and restoration||€105.368|
|Corominas Necrópolis||Estepona||Corominas Megalithic Necropolis|
interpretation centre construction
|Main Church||Casares||Conservation and restoration||€1.419.991|
In compliance with the Historic Heritage Act, pursuant to which public works contracts must allocate at least 1% of the contract price to Spanish Cultural Heritage conservation or enhancement works or to promoting artistic creativity, preferably connected with the actual works or their immediate surrounding area, Autopista del Sol has allocated on aggregate in excess of MEUR 3.5 to the renovation, conservation and construction of iconic buildings located in the area served by the Motorway. Therefore, Ausol, working with the Government of Andalusia, various City and Town Councils and the Ministry of Culture, undertook the following actions under different cooperation agreements:
- Renovation of the Roman Theatre in Málaga – The Roman Theatre in Málaga is one of the city’s icons. Ausol worked with the Government of Andalusia’s Department of Culture and the World Monuments Fund to restore the grandstands, orchestra and stage and spruce up the surrounding area.
- Senior Citizen’s Club in Mijas – Cooperating with Mijas Town Council to renovate the old post office building to be used as a senior citizen’s club.
- 18th Century La Tribuna Building-Benalmádena – considered the oldest building in Arroyo de la Miel, converted into a tourist information office.
- Clock Tower – Estepona. Renovation and restoration of the old Iglesia de los Remedios Church Tower, built in the 16th Century.
- “Corominas Megalithic Necropolis Interpretation Centre” – Roman Remains dating back to the 3rd Century B.C. discovered during the works to build the Motorway. Cooperating with Estepona City Council and the Government of Andalusia to build this Interpretation Centre.
- Main Church in Casares – Cooperating with Casares Town Council, the Government of Andalusia and World Monuments Fund to restore the Main Church in Casares (former Parroquia de la Encarnación Parish)