Health, Safety & Wellbeing Graduate
JR02911 - JOB_POSTING-3-1901
Publicado el 23 de mayo, 2023
Heathrow, Middlesex (Reino Unido)
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 304 miles of tunnels, 11,930 miles of roads (including 2,485 miles of highways), 2920 miles of railroad lines (including 434 miles of high-speed railroads) and 16,994 miles of road maintenance and repair.
Health, Safety & Wellbeing Graduate
About Ferrovial Construction UK&I
Ferrovial Construction is the UK based engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. It is a Spanish multinational company operating through 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees.
We design and construct some of the UK and Ireland’s most high-profile transport infrastructure projects. We have the strength and depth to deliver complex major projects in-house, drawing on international expertise and full asset lifecycle capability. We provide our clients with cost-effective, value-added solutions and design and build sustainable assets for people and places
Our 2021 turnover was £456m in the UK and globally £5.9bn. Our UK order book is currently £1.0bn and globally £13.0bn. We work in the UK for private and public sector customers on projects and frameworks valued from £50,000 to over £3bn.
We maximise potential through continuous professional development and create an equal, inclusive and diverse place to work to drive innovation.
At Ferrovial, we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, Integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals.
Whilst working on large complex projects, you will be encouraged to achieve your maximum, all the while having support and guidance. An ability to work well in a team is key to the delivery of our projects, so that effective communication skills are critical.
Ferrovial prioritises the mobility of its employees as a means of fostering talent. The company has set up a Global Mobility Portal, which operates as an internal job board where employees can find all openings worldwide. The company is keen for graduates to move overseas and gain experiences of different cultures and business ways and methodologies.
Ferrovial Construction is looking for Health and Safety Graduates to assist on the Heathrow Airport Project. The Ferrovial 3-year graduate development programme is designed to develop personal, professional and technical skills through a blended approach. You will work under the supervision of Health and Safety Managers.
Key Responsibilities: Contribute to the achievement of Health and Safety in accordance with company policy and ensure standards on our projects are upheld.
- Promoting a continuous improvement culture across site teams on specific projects
- Be familiar with and promote current Health and Safety legislation best practices and support Ferrovial Construction policies and procedures
- To assist in writing and reviewing Health and Safety documentation
- To support the development of briefing and communication strategies to ensure Health and Safety plans and important information is understood and operated by all employees and subcontractors
- To assist in monitoring compliance of construction works on site in accordance with works information, legislation, Ferrovial standards and relevant Technical Standards
- To assist in carrying out Health and Safety reports for the senior team
- To support the Project Health, Safety & Wellbeing Manager with investigations and audits by gathering supporting evidence material
- To advise on Health and Safety requirements and best practice with regard to design and legal compliance
- Assisting in compiling and presenting Health and Safety related toolbox talks, site briefings and site inductions
- Assisting in the promotion of wellbeing and mental health programmes and initiatives
- Support the development of measurement systems to ensure that Health and Safety performance is accurately monitored
- Liaising with Project Coordinators to organise various in-house and external H&S training courses
- Updating and maintaining all employee H&S training records
- To promote customer requirements throughout the business
- Adopting and promoting Ferrovial Construction UK Vision and Values.
- Taking ownership of the work assigned to you.
- Adhering to safe working practice regulations on-site and ensuring that all staff comply with the same.
- Explore innovative practices which would improve HS&W throughout the organisation.
Skills and Competence
We are looking for graduates with:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at a variety of levels
- Excellent written and oral English language
- Degree or Masters (All disciplines considered)
- Must have right to work in the UK by the start of employment
- Motivated to learn and add value to the team, the role and the Graduate programme
- Analytical thinker who enjoys problem solving
- A proven team player who can effectively work with others
- Enjoys working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proactive approach to working and learning
- Commercial awareness and an understanding of the industry
- Familiar with all Microsoft packages
- Highly motivated
- Logical thinker with a willingness to learn
- Resilient and a flexible approach to working
- Results driven with strong communication skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
- Health and Safety experience
- CSCS Card
What we offer on the Ferrovial Construction Graduate programme:
- A 3-year development programme in line with Ferrovial's framework
- Working with Contractors and Sub-contractors to develop effective partnerships
- Attending a variety of blended training to develop your technical, professional and behavioural skills
- Starting the process of becoming an IOSH member and becoming chartered with internal and external support
- You will either be given a project to work on or be assigned to a small “Package” to manage the Health and Safety assurance requirements from start to finish
- Gaining an understanding of Ferrovial Construction from a global perspective, with mobility opportunities
- And much more!
If you have graduated already, you will be able to start as soon as possible.
If you graduate this year (2023) then you can start as soon as you have finished your formal exams.
Ferrovial Construction UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and as such treats applications equally and recruits purely based on skills and experience.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.#Ferrovial #United Kingdom #entrylevel
Quantity Surveyor Graduate - 2023London, Londres (Reino Unido) Tiempo Completo Soporte Publicado el 26 de abril, 2023
Civil Engineer GraduateChipping Warden, Heathrow, London, Milton Keynes, Norwich, Buckinghamshire, Londres, Middlesex, Norfolk (Reino Unido) Tiempo Completo Soporte Publicado el 18 de abril, 2023
M&E GraduateHeathrow, Middlesex (Reino Unido) Tiempo Completo Soporte Publicado el 18 de abril, 2023
EKFB Civil Engineer Graduate - Brackley, Buckingham, BicesterBuckinghamshire (Reino Unido) Tiempo Completo Soporte Publicado el 12 de octubre, 2022
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo