Roadside Assistance Technician
JR05518 - JOB_POSTING-3-4702
Publicado el 8 de enero, 2024
Charlotte, Carolina del Norte (Estados Unidos)
I-77 Mobility Partners LLC is financing, developing, designing, constructing, operating and maintaining the 26-mile I-77 Express project as part of a public-private partnership with the North Carolina Department of Transportation. The tolled express lanes run adjacent to the general-purpose lanes on I-77 between uptown Charlotte and Mooresville. I-77 Mobility Partners is responsible for operations and maintenance of all lanes, both express and general purpose, and right of way within the designated project corridor limits.
What makes us different? Our people come first. We want every single employee to develop both professionally and personally. With a strong focus on growth potential, we look to our internal employees as potential candidates for both national and international opportunities. We aim to achieve greatness by promoting from within every chance we get. We work hard and play hard and strive every day for success and achievement. With a diverse group of professionals working in a fast-paced environment, we achieve milestones constantly. And if that weren’t enough, we also offer our employees highly competitive insurance benefits, Paid Time Off, and a matching 401(k) program.
As the Roadside Assistance Technician, you will operate a high equipped vehicle for performing roadside assistance operations, such as accident management, abandoned vehicles tagging and minor assistances (tire change and provide fuel and/or water). A I-77 MP Traffic Management Center will be dispatching and assisting you during all events. You will also work in occasions with maintenance personnel, for providing them traffic control and other maintenance duties. You will receive a full training period and constant refreshers to ensure that the roadside assistance is performed on the safest way possible.
Functions key to success:
- Operates assigned vehicles (pick-ups) and 6-wheel trucks with mounted crash attenuators
- Inspects equipment for proper operating condition, makes minor repairs or adjustments, lubricates and assists in making repairs as required
- Excellent customer relationship and friendly approach to stranded vehicles
- Responds to traffic incidents, provides roadside assistance to motorists on I-77 between uptown Charlotte and Mooresville and available on-call after hours for emergency incident response, as needed
- Adapts easily to changes during the event and fast decision maker
- Performs miscellaneous duties, such as general traffic control, pavement repair, roadside assistance, pushing vehicles out of travel lanes and debris and animal carcasses removal
- Available on-call after hours for emergency maintenance service, as needed
- Performs miscellaneous maintenance on the I-77 Express Lanes Project as required.
- Performs miscellaneous building maintenance as required
- Any other job duties as assigned
What you bring to the table:
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License. Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) is not required but the candidate should have the ability to obtain a CDL, if needed, in the future
- National Traffic Incident Management Responder Training Program (SHRP2 & TIM) and Incident Management Assistance Patrol (IMAP) NCDOT training will be preferred
- 0-3+ years of experience in general traffic control, and traffic management is desired
- Previous experience with roadside assistance vehicles such as emergency response and towing vehicles
- Basic knowledge of automotive mechanics
With success comes a high level of professionalism. We already know you possess the following qualities, but we just wanted to remind you of what is important to I-77:
- Ability to interact with colleagues in a team structure
- Self-motivated and able to motivate
- Good communication skills
- User level of Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint) and capable of learning and use other PC-based software
- Must be able to multitask and problem solve within a fast-paced environment
Our working environment:
I-77 wants to ensure that all of their employees are comfortable and able to work in the type of culture and environment we have built our business on. As a maintenance technician you must have the ability and willingness to work alternate work schedules, including weekends and night shifts and be assigned to a scheduled shift as needed. You may be required to work off hours on a regularly scheduled basis. You will be working on the roadway, the noise level ranges from moderate to high given that the employee will be working around heavy machinery and in traffic conditions. You must be able to individually lift and/or move up to 80 lbs. You will be frequently required to stand, walk, climb, drive, and sit for long periods of time during day and night operation. There will be some roadway travel required. Finally, you must be able to work in high places and in any weather condition. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Webber - Traffic Control Laborer - Heavy CivilKaufman, TX, Texas (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 1 de marzo, 2024
Webber - Concrete Finisher - Webber Barrier ServicesHouston, TX, Texas (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 29 de febrero, 2024
Webber - Dozer Operator - Heavy Civil - Kemah, TXHouston, TX, Texas (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 29 de febrero, 2024
Maintenance Technician Lead - BC CintraCharlotte, Carolina del Norte (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 29 de febrero, 2024
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo