Traffic Management Center Supervisor
JR05157 - JOB_POSTING-3-4234
Publicado el 21 de noviembre, 2023
Dallas, Texas (Estados Unidos)
Who is NTE Mobility Partners and LBJ Infrastructure Group? The North Tarrant Express was the first design-build-finance-operate-maintain managed lanes project in Texas and consisted of the complete reconstruction of 13.3 miles of the existing I-820/SH-183 corridor between Dallas and Fort Worth. Since opening in October 2014, nine months ahead of the contracted completion date, the general highway lanes are experiencing a 70% decrease in congestion time and a 15% increase in average speed. With an Average Annual Daily Traffic (AADT) of 200,000, this Cintra-led project has doubled capacity and significantly improved mobility along this heavily congested corridor that traverses the heart of six cities through Northeast Tarrant County. The LBJ Express is currently the largest P3 operation in Texas and one of the largest ever undertaken in the U.S. With an Average Annual Daily Traffic (AADT) of 270,000, it is a regionally-significant transportation improvement project in North Texas that is relieving severe congestion in the dense urban area of north Dallas. In 2009, the Cintra-led consortium was selected to complete the design, construction, finance, operation, and maintenance of the project along I-635 and I-35E. Since opening in September 2015, approximately three months ahead of schedule, the general highway lanes are realizing a 60% decrease in congestion time and a 10% increase in average speed.
The Traffic Management Center is seeking a dynamic Supervisor with an innovative mind-set to join our team. As a Traffic Management Center (TMC) Supervisor you will be responsible for a team of trained TMC Operators that continuously monitor road conditions to detect, confirm, and respond to traffic incidents posing a safety threat or disruption in normal traffic flow for motorist traveling within LBJ, NTE, or NTE3 project limits. The person in this position has accountability to create a team culture that is inclusive, builds trust, and is continuously improving in performance. The Supervisor will work closely with other functional departments to help drive innovation or resolution to process or device defects. Additionally, you will also support the TMC Manager in the management of all activities and procedures overseen by the TMC. This will include the creation and revision of procedures, response to internal and external inquiries, meeting attendance, and the pursuit of continuous improvement in operational activities.
As a TMC Supervisor, you can expect to:
· Provide day-to-day guidance, supervision, and workflow for a team of TMC Operators and Leads.
· Occasionally perform the duties and responsibilities of a TMC Operator when indicated by staffing restraints or other conditions.
· Successfully learn and navigate through the current, and future, Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS), acquiring the knowledge and expertise needed to successfully train TMC staff. Collaborate with internal departments on operational or system enhancements which impact TMC and provide recommendations to increase process efficiency and effectiveness.
· Understand the Snow and Ice Winter Plan and successfully execute department responsibilities when an event is triggered.
· Review Operators work performance (QC) to identify knowledge gaps, provide feedback, identify re-training needs, and adherence to KPI’s.
· Reinforce Operators adherence to standard operating policies and procedures while performing job duties.
· Create and distribute schedules for normal operations, winter events, and special circumstances.
· Review and approve time off requests as business and department needs permit.
· Review, correct, and submit staff’s bi-monthly timesheets to payroll.
· Support revision or creation of standard operating procedures, training manuals, and other documents as requested by the TMC Manager.
· Assist the TMC Manager in interviewing, selecting, and training TMC hires.
· Coordinate incident response between Operations and Maintenance, First Responders, and other agencies during confirmed emergencies and incidents.
· Communicate, develop, and maintain relationships with the city agencies assisting with incident response in LBJ, NTE, and NTE3 project limits, i.e., TXDOT, Dallas Police Department (DPD), Fort Worth PD, etc.
· Participate in periodic department meetings and assist the TMC Manager in soliciting ideas and communicating relevant changes to staff.
· Retain positive working relationships with interdepartmental staff i.e., ITS, Toll and Revenue, Operations and Maintenance, Roadway Maintenance, etc.
· Attend and actively participate in bi-monthly Traffic Incident Management (TIM) and weekly TMC operations meetings.
· Receive after–hour calls from TMC staff seeking guidance handling anomaly events.
· Occasionally work additional hours or shifts in support of TMC operations or other business needs.
· Be timely in response to internal and external inquiries for information related to or overseen by TMC.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to fulfill those duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, or directly relative experience in a TMC environment.
· 3+ years of traffic management experience required, with at least 2+ years in a supervisory role; in a transportation, public safety, or commercial operations capacity.
· Knowledge of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS) technology and applications.
· Knowledge of Traffic Incident Management (TIM) practices is highly preferred.
Skills and Professional Qualities:
· Ability to remain calm when required to multitask, problem solve, or coordinate real-time activities during crisis management instances or another stressful situation.
· Skills in report writing, management team presentations, spreadsheet analysis, and interoffice communications.
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, analyze, and disseminate data.
· Solid leadership skills strong in interpersonal communication, employee motivation, retention, and conflict resolution.
· Consistent ability to perform responsibilities with a professional demeanor and collaborative approach.
· Ability to be flexible with work schedules, which may include night shifts and weekends.
· Demonstrate proficiency in the use of software programs such as MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook and PowerPoint.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The work environment and the physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Be available to work alternate work schedules as determined by business needs.
· Be available and willing to be on call 24/7 to respond to procedural questions from the team.
· The work environment and noise level are frequently of high energy and can become stressful.
· Specific vision requirements include the ability to adjust focus, as necessary to use a computer, view multiple DMS signs, road, and toll rate sign cameras.
· The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and listen while performing the duties of this job.
Webber - Traffic Control Laborer - Heavy CivilKaufman, TX, Texas (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 1 de marzo, 2024
Webber - Concrete Finisher - Webber Barrier ServicesHouston, TX, Texas (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 29 de febrero, 2024
Webber - Dozer Operator - Heavy Civil - Kemah, TXHouston, TX, Texas (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 29 de febrero, 2024
Maintenance Technician Lead - BC CintraCharlotte, Carolina del Norte (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 29 de febrero, 2024
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo