JR05146 - JOB_POSTING-3-4256
Publicado el 23 de noviembre, 2023
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. The company has presence in 6 main markets. It is a member of Spain’s blue-chip IBEX 35 index and is also included in prestigious sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and FTSE4Good. We deliver value-driven, complex multi-disciplinary design and construction solutions across varied sectors worldwide, including transport, energy and water. Our people make this happen, bringing a diverse range of experiences, prospectives and backgrounds to fuel fresh thinking as we meet the unique needs of the clients and communities we serve. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and leaving a sustainable legacy. At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals. As one of the industry’s most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
About Ferrovial Construction:
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. We are a Spanish multinational company operating in 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK has 7 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2, Silvertown (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Norwich Western Link, Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon.
At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals.
About FC Civils Solutions
This project has been awarded to the new Ferrovial Construction affiliate, FC Civils Solutions Ltd, which has recently been established to deliver subcontracts across major UK infrastructure schemes.
The Edgcote viaduct will be 515m-long and will carry the railway across the floodplain of the River Cherwell, south of Chipping Warden. At between six and eight meters high, the viaduct will be supported by 20 pairs of concrete piers and from a distance, will be largely hidden by existing hedgerows and woodland.
- Communicating effectively at all levels including site management, technical specialists, commercial staff, planners, engineers, supervisory staff operatives, suppliers, third parties and client representatives.
- Monitoring the work and ensuring adoption of project safety initiatives.
- Maintaining high standards in environmental awareness and behavior. Maintaining good working relations with client, designer, supply chain and others.
- Driving quality delivery through effective planning and right first-time delivery.
- Supervising and mentoring assistant, trainee engineering and technician staff.
- Monitoring and recording delivery against the agreed programme and construction methods.
- Making sure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works before commencement.
- Formally requesting any missing information in sufficient time to meet the programme.
- Ensuring that works are accurately and clearly set out before work commences.
- Confirming by recording in writing, on the same day, any verbal instructions received from the client/ designer clients representative.
- Ensuring that Inspection and Test Plans and checklist are in place and followed at the appropriate stages.
- Completing daily diary records and ensuring they are also being maintain by others under your supervision.
- Assist in preparing "look ahead" programmes in conjunction with the supervisory staff, coordinated with overall site programme. Assist in monitoring and reporting progress against "look ahead" programmes. Prepare written risk assessments and activity plans for the control of the works.
- Ensuring written risk assessments and activity plans/method statements are in place prior to works commencing.
- Ensuring that COSHH assessments are in place for materials to be used and that the requirements are being followed.
- Ensuring that testing / sampling of materials is carried out as required by the specification.
- Recording and reporting Non Conformances and ensuring appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Ensuring materials and workmanship meet the specification and maintaining appropriate records and proofs.
- Contributing to the monthly and quarterly commercial forecast and reporting for your section of works.
- Provide accurate setting out for works before work is programmed to commence, allowing time for independent checking.
- Arrange formal checking of setting out and ensure check request form is completed.
- Ensure that material delivery tickets are passed to the section engineer for cost coding.
- Carry out testing / sampling of materials as required by the specification.
- Carry out site measures for control and ordering of materials. Take receipt of materials and check description, quantity, markings and condition before signing for receipt.
- Ensure that comprehensive records of all resources employed on additional works are maintained and submitted for signature within 24 hours of the work being carried out.
- Complete Observation cards if you observe something unsafe, damaging to the environment or good enough where required with the consent, work preparation and execution phase for the preparation of Thames Wharf
Experience & Knowledge
- Proven experience of working with setting-out structures and civil engineering/building construction.
- Prior experience in Civil Engineering
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Site EngineerHeathrow, Middlesex (Reino Unido) Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 21 de febrero, 2024
Senior AgentNorwich, Norfolk (Reino Unido) Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 21 de febrero, 2024
Section EngineerHeathrow, Middlesex (Reino Unido) Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 19 de febrero, 2024
Project Controls EngineerHeathrow, Middlesex (Reino Unido) Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 15 de febrero, 2024
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo