Posted on 16 November, 2022
Middlesex, United Kingdom
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 304 miles of tunnels, 11,930 miles of roads (including 2,485 miles of highways), 2920 miles of railroad lines (including 434 miles of high-speed railroads) and 16,994 miles of road maintenance and repair.
Ferrovial Construction has been working at Heathrow Airport for over 10 years delivering some of the most complex infrastructure projects to high quality, safety and environmental standards. We have focused on design and build projects with a mix of contractual arrangements. This has enabled us to refine our management procedures in response to Heathrow’s Employers Requirements and Ferrovial Construction own internal management systems.
Since joining Heathrow’s framework in 2014, Ferrovial Construction has delivered a variety of airside and landside projects across the whole airport. For example, we have delivered new taxiways and rehabilitated existing taxiways and the southern runway. We have also redeveloped sterile and grass areas and replaced critical assets, such as fire main, fuel main and HV ducts. We are currently working alongside Heathrow to rehabilitate assets with expired design life’s and plan for a future runway resurfacing project. We are constantly designing and planning our works around critical assets and engaging with different key stakeholders in order to deliver Heathrow value for money.
- Communicating effectively at all levels including site management, technical specialists, commercial staff, planners, engineers, supervisory staff operatives, suppliers, third parties and client representatives.
- Monitoring the work and ensuring adoption of project safety initiatives.
- Maintaining high standards in environmental awareness and behavior. Maintaining good working relations with client, designer, supply chain and others.
- Driving quality delivery through effective planning and right first-time delivery.
- Supervising and mentoring assistant, trainee engineering and technician staff.
- Monitoring and recording delivery against the agreed programme and construction methods.
- Making sure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works before commencement.
- Formally requesting any missing information in sufficient time to meet the programme.
- Ensuring that works are accurately and clearly set out before work commences.
- Confirming by recording in writing, on the same day, any verbal instructions received from the client/ designer clients representative.
- Ensuring that Inspection and Test Plans and checklist are in place and followed at the appropriate stages.
- Completing daily diary records and ensuring they are also being maintain by others under your supervision.
- Assist in preparing "look ahead" programmes in conjunction with the supervisory staff, coordinated with overall site programme. Assist in monitoring and reporting progress against "look ahead" programmes. Prepare written risk assessments and activity plans for the control of the works.
- Ensuring written risk assessments and activity plans/method statements are in place prior to works commencing.
- Ensuring that COSHH assessments are in place for materials to be used and that the requirements are being followed.
- Ensuring that testing / sampling of materials is carried out as required by the specification.
- Recording and reporting Non Conformances and ensuring appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Ensuring materials and workmanship meet the specification and maintaining appropriate records and proofs.
- Contributing to the monthly and quarterly commercial forecast and reporting for your section of works.
- Provide accurate setting out for works before work is programmed to commence, allowing time for independent checking.
- Arrange formal checking of setting out and ensure check request form is completed.
- Ensure that material delivery tickets are passed to the section engineer for cost coding.
- Carry out testing / sampling of materials as required by the specification.
- Carry out site measures for control and ordering of materials. Take receipt of materials and check description, quantity, markings and condition before signing for receipt.
- Ensure that comprehensive records of all resources employed on additional works are maintained and submitted for signature within 24 hours of the work being carried out.
- Complete Observation cards if you observe something unsafe, damaging to the environment or good enough where required with the consent, work preparation and execution phase for the preparation of Thames Wharf
Experience & Knowledge
- Proven experience of working with setting-out structures and civil engineering/building construction.
- Prior experience in Civil Engineering
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
About Ferrovial Construction
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. We are a Spanish multinational company operating in 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK has 7 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2, Silvertown (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Norwich Western Link, Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon.
At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals.
As one of the industry’s most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.#Ferrovial #United Kingdom #entrylevel
Mechanical EngineerLondon, United Kingdom Full time Production Posted on 21 March, 2023
Technical Author/Handover Co-OrdinatorLondon, United Kingdom Full time Production Posted on 21 March, 2023
Senior Quantity SurveyorFull time Production Posted on 6 February, 2023
PlannerFull time Production Posted on 6 February, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch