JR04744 - JOB_POSTING-3-3567
Publicado el 23 de octubre, 2023
New Braunfels, TX, Texas (Estados Unidos)
Founded in 1963, Webber is a leading construction company that specializes in heavy civil, waterworks, energy and infrastructure management and is dedicated to safely providing intelligent solutions to its clients and community.Webber is headquartered in Houston, Texas, with offices and projects in the United States and Canada. Webber supports a wide range of project models to meet client needs, including traditional design bid build, design build, alternative delivery models and public private partnership (P3) solutions. Webber also has an in-house engineering services department to help optimize building efficiency and quality while solving complex project challenges using field experience, innovative construction methods and BIM technology. As a subsidiary of Ferrovial, Webber has access to a global network of skilled engineers, best-in-class technology and vast resources.
The position of Estimator will analyze, prepare and review bids (including earthwork, utilities, mechanical piping, and amenities) for heavy civil (roadway, highway, bridge) projects. Must have experience estimating on large ($50 mm plus) projects utilizing all delivery methods.
Regular Job Duties
- Access cost effectiveness of products, projects or service.
- Track actual costs relative to bids as the project develops. Track actual commodities pricing for items that may impact cost before bid or during buy-out phase.
- Consult with clients, vendors and personnel in other departments to discuss project and formulate strategies, estimates and resolve conflict issues.
- Confer with engineers, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Review plans and specifications for general compliance and standard industry practices for utility and water/wastewater treatment plant projects.
- Responsible for through review and understanding of all correspondence required during bidding phase of project including but not limited to: Plans, Specifications, Bid Forms, RFI's, Clarifications and Addenda.
- Administer full cycle take-offs and pricing for your assigned divisions, subcontractor coordination, evaluation of skills, bid preparation and submittal of bid. This includes when only 30-60% plans are available.
- Maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors for your divisions using SmartBidNet software.
- Prepare sub-bid analysis documents for use by project team in qualifying sub-bids and material.
- Prepare electronic estimates including preliminary cost information
- Prepare documentation and estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing and scheduling work.
- Provide leadership to others through example and by sharing knowledge and skill.
- Maintain a highly organized work environment and manage multiple projects with various bid dates simultaneously.
- Present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Complete post-bid analysis after bid for lessons learned and problems that were encountered.
- Train and development less experienced estimators
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Experience in all delivery methods – Hard Bid, CSP, CMAR, CMGC and Design Build.
- 2+ (two) or more years of experience in all aspects of road and bridge construction
- A minimum Bachelor Degree in Construction Management, Environmental Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering or similar degree.
- Experience in operating estimating software such as AutoCAD, Primavera, Timberline, WinEst, etc.
- High level of proficiency operating MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word.
- Ability to work largely independently, be self-motivated and demonstrate initiative, managing multiple deadlines at one time.
- Ability to work as part of a team throughout pre-construction stage.
- Valid driver license for occasional, required travel
- Spatial Reasoning and ability to read and interpret plans and specifications
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations and government forms and data.
- Full understanding of Construction Math concepts. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature. Some exposure to outdoors with changing weather conditions such as rain, sun, snow, and wind. Ability to physically maneuver by foot minor obstacles at construction projects
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Webber- Estimator- Heavy CivilNew Braunfels, TX, Texas (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Licitación Publicado el 22 de febrero, 2024
SchedulerAustin, TX, Texas (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Licitación Publicado el 22 de enero, 2024
Senior Estimator - Heavy CivilNew Braunfels, TX, Texas (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Licitación Publicado el 7 de diciembre, 2023
Energy Contract Manager - HoustonThe Woodlands, TX, Texas (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Licitación Publicado el 29 de noviembre, 2023
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo