Publicado el 21 de febrero, 2023
Middlesex, Reino Unido
Seguridad y Salud / PRL
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 304 miles of tunnels, 11,930 miles of roads (including 2,485 miles of highways), 2920 miles of railroad lines (including 434 miles of high-speed railroads) and 16,994 miles of road maintenance and repair.
Health & Safety Advisor
Location: Heathrow Airport
Reporting to Project SHE Manager
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. It is a Spanish multinational company operating through 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK have 7 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2 Enabling works, HS2 Main Works, Silvertown Tunnel (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon Station.
Ferrovial Construction has been working at Heathrow Airport for over 10 years delivering some of the most complex infrastructure projects to high quality, safety and environmental standards. We have focused on design and build projects with a mix of contractual arrangements. This has enabled us to refine our management procedures in response to Heathrow’s Employers Requirements and Ferrovial Construction own internal management systems.
Since joining Heathrow’s framework in 2014, Ferrovial Construction has delivered a variety of airside and landside projects across the whole airport. For example, we have delivered new taxiways and rehabilitated existing taxiways and the southern runway. We have also redeveloped sterile and grass areas and replaced critical assets, such as fire main, fuel main and HV ducts. We are currently working alongside Heathrow to rehabilitate assets whose design life has expired and on the planning of a runway resurfacing project.
We are constantly designing and planning our works around critical assets and engaging with different key stakeholders in order to deliver Heathrow value for money.
- Contribute to the achievement of Health and Safety in accordance with company policy and values
- To support the development of a strong Health and Safety focused culture across the Ferrovial Construction UK business.
- Contribute towards the maintenance and development of the Safety Management System (SMS) and its procedures.
- To advise on and coordinate the development of consistent Health and Safety plans across the business in line with company and group policy.
- To be an expert in Health and Safety legislation and best practice to assist with compliance and continuous improvement.
- To support the development of briefing and communication strategies to ensure that H&S plans and important information is understood and operated by all employees and subcontractors.
- Monitor H&S performance by supporting the development of measurement systems.
- To liaise with employees, subcontractors and suppliers on H&S matters.
- To promote company values in all dealings with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts.
- To contribute to formal H&S Reviews.
- Follow prescribed procedures whilst carrying out high quality and systematic audits and site inspections to establish the degree of compliance and identify opportunities.
- Monitor the progress of H&S Reviews, audits and site inspections within prescribed timescales
- To monitor and update records on the H&S online platforms.
- To participate in and support training and other Health and Safety initiatives in order to facilitate consistent standards and promote best practice.
- To work with the central H&S Team to identify possible operational risks or opportunities.
- To support and carry out accident investigations by gathering evidence.
- To be involved in engagement and leadership initiatives in accordance with the Safety Management System.
Key Skills and qualifications
- Detailed knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
- CSCS card
- Ability to carry out detailed, thorough and systematic analysis.
- Professional membership (e.g.: MICE / CMIOSH)
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (General and Construction Certificate will be considered)
- Sound technical knowledge of the construction process
- Ability to carry out H&S Audits
- Ability to look ahead and see potential issues and opportunities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders
- Skilled in questioning and investigating to identify immediate, root or systematic facets of situations and root causes.
- Explain H&S issues tactfully to project teams and other departments in Ferrovial
- Ability to give constructive feedback whilst explaining the reality of onsite work
- Ability to build rapport and effective working relationships with project teams and other departments in Ferrovial
- Possess good influencing and persuasive skills
- Possess good listening and questioning skills to act as an effective coach to managers, supervisors and staff.
- Lead Auditor Trained
- Accident Investigation training
- Experience of working in an international organisation / airport
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.#Ferrovial #United Kingdom #associate
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo