Senior Estimator - Heavy Civil
JR04766 - JOB_POSTING-3-4431
Publicado el 7 de diciembre, 2023
New Braunfels, TX, Texas (Estados Unidos)
Founded in 1963, Webber is a leading construction company that specializes in heavy civil, waterworks, energy and infrastructure management and is dedicated to safely providing intelligent solutions to its clients and community.Webber is headquartered in Houston, Texas, with offices and projects in the United States and Canada. Webber supports a wide range of project models to meet client needs, including traditional design bid build, design build, alternative delivery models and public private partnership (P3) solutions. Webber also has an in-house engineering services department to help optimize building efficiency and quality while solving complex project challenges using field experience, innovative construction methods and BIM technology. As a subsidiary of Ferrovial, Webber has access to a global network of skilled engineers, best-in-class technology and vast resources.
The position of a Senior Estimator will analyze, prepare and review bids for highway, roadway, and bridge projects. Experience being the primary lead estimator on large ($50 mm plus) estimates.
Regular Job Duties
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops
- Consult with clients, vendors, and personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Administer full cycle take-offs and pricing, subcontractor coordination evaluation of skills, bid preparation, and submittal of bids
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work
- Provide leadership to others through example and by sharing knowledge and skill
- Maintain a highly organized work area and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Generate and submit complete estimates
- Other unlisted duties will be assigned
- Eight (8) or more years of experience in estimating all aspects of Heavy Highway construction including Structures, Earthwork, Walls and Storm Drainage.
- Two (2) or more years of on-site field experience. Experience as a Project Manager or Project Engineer is preferred.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or similar. Or a minimum Associate Degree in Civil Engineering Technology with 10 years industry experience.
- Thorough knowledge of TXDOT specifications
- Experience in Alternate delivery (Design Build, CMGC, CM@R) (A plus, not required)
- Moderate to high level of proficiency operating MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
- Knowledgeable in HCSS- Heavybid
- Valid driver license for occasional, required travel
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Full understanding of Construction Math concepts
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature. Some exposure to outdoors with changing weather conditions such as rain, sun, snow, and wind. Ability to physically maneuver by foot minor obstacles at construction projects
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers
- Preferred experience using AGTEK or any other earthwork takeoff software
- Ability to work largely independently, be self-motivated and demonstrate initiative, managing multiple deadlines at the same time
- Ability to work as part of a team or lead a team throughout the bidding process
- Provide leadership to others through example and by sharing knowledge and skills
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Webber- Estimator- Heavy CivilNew Braunfels, TX, Texas (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Licitación Publicado el 22 de febrero, 2024
SchedulerAustin, TX, Texas (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Licitación Publicado el 22 de enero, 2024
Energy Contract Manager - HoustonThe Woodlands, TX, Texas (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Licitación Publicado el 29 de noviembre, 2023
Estimator INew Braunfels, TX, Texas (Estados Unidos) Tiempo Completo Licitación Publicado el 23 de octubre, 2023
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo