Publicado el 15 de noviembre, 2022
Middlesex, Reino Unido
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 304 miles of tunnels, 11,930 miles of roads (including 2,485 miles of highways), 2920 miles of railroad lines (including 434 miles of high-speed railroads) and 16,994 miles of road maintenance and repair.
Location: Heathrow Airport
About Ferrovial Construction:
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. We are a Spanish multinational company operating in 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK has 7 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2, Silvertown (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Norwich Western Link, Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon.
At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals.
As one of the industry’s most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Ferrovial Construction has been working at Heathrow Airport for over 10 years delivering some of the most complex infrastructure projects to high quality, safety and environmental standards. We have focused on design and build projects with a mix of contractual arrangements. This has enabled us to refine our management procedures in response to Heathrow’s Employers Requirements and Ferrovial Construction own internal management systems.
Since joining Heathrow’s framework in 2014, Ferrovial Construction has delivered a variety of airside and landside projects across the whole airport. For example, we have delivered new taxiways and rehabilitated existing taxiways and the southern runway. We have also redeveloped sterile and grass areas and replaced critical assets, such as fire main, fuel main and HV ducts. We are currently working alongside Heathrow to rehabilitate assets with expired design life’s and plan for a future runway resurfacing project. We are constantly designing and planning our works around critical assets and engaging with different key stakeholders in order to deliver Heathrow value for money.
Assist the Agent in all civil engineering operations, ensuring the Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental standards are adhered to. You will lead the engineering and site supervision team on a particular section of this project.
Duties will include:
- Comply with company policies and procedures, such as method statements, risk assessments and briefings to set a personal example in health, safety, quality and environmental matters
- Support the Agent as required in operating the cost management system and the production of programmes
- To manage, supervise and mentor site engineers to ensure high levels of engineering control and generation of appropriate records.
- Communicate with commercial staff to ensure all records for measurement and payment purposes are prepared promptly and in appropriate form.
- Liaise with the Agent to allocate labour, plant, materials and temporary work design schemes
- Advise Agent of any potential commercial or contractual liabilities
- To manage the ordering process and supplier relationships to ensure timely delivery of required materials
- To manage subcontractors to ensure delivery of the required service and to comply with company policies
- To promote company values in all dealing with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts.
- To ensure daily activity briefings are prepared and delivered, and to complete a diary on a regular basis with relevant information
Key skills and experience
- Successful experience at section engineering level (on site) including civil and services
- Demonstrated application of growing commercial and contractual knowledge
- Experience of working in a cost-conscious environment
- Good people management experience
- Experience in managing subcontractors
- CSCS card
- Airport experience/ critical areas experience
- Experience of working in an international organization
- Experience in stakeholder’s management
- Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or equivalent
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.#Ferrovial #United Kingdom #entrylevel
Utilities Design CoordinatorLondres, Reino Unido Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 5 de diciembre, 2022
Site EngineerMiddlesex, Reino Unido Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 16 de noviembre, 2022
Traffic Safety Control OfficerLondres, Reino Unido Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 14 de octubre, 2022
Senior Quantity SurveyorLondres, Reino Unido Tiempo Completo Producción Publicado el 11 de noviembre, 2022
Envía tu CV
Si no encuentras una oferta según tus intereses, envíanos tu CV y nos pondremos en contacto contigo