JR05154 - JOB_POSTING-3-4261
Posted on 23 November, 2023
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. The company has presence in 6 main markets. It is a member of Spain’s blue-chip IBEX 35 index and is also included in prestigious sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and FTSE4Good. We deliver value-driven, complex multi-disciplinary design and construction solutions across varied sectors worldwide, including transport, energy and water. Our people make this happen, bringing a diverse range of experiences, prospectives and backgrounds to fuel fresh thinking as we meet the unique needs of the clients and communities we serve. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and leaving a sustainable legacy. At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals. As one of the industry’s most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
About Ferrovial Construction:
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. We are a Spanish multinational company operating in 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK has 7 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2, Silvertown (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Norwich Western Link, Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon.
At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals.
As one of the industry’s most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Assist the Agent in all civil engineering operations, ensuring the Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental standards are adhered to. You will lead the engineering and site supervision team on a particular section of this project.
Duties will include:
- Comply with company policies and procedures, such as method statements, risk assessments and briefings to set a personal example in health, safety, quality and environmental matters
- Support the Agent as required in operating the cost management system and the production of programmes
- To manage, supervise and mentor site engineers to ensure high levels of engineering control and generation of appropriate records.
- Communicate with commercial staff to ensure all records for measurement and payment purposes are prepared promptly and in appropriate form.
- Liaise with the Agent to allocate labour, plant, materials and temporary work design schemes
- Advise Agent of any potential commercial or contractual liabilities
- To manage the ordering process and supplier relationships to ensure timely delivery of required materials
- To manage subcontractors to ensure delivery of the required service and to comply with company policies
- To promote company values in all dealing with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts.
- To ensure daily activity briefings are prepared and delivered, and to complete a diary on a regular basis with relevant information
Key skills and experience
- Successful experience at section engineering level (on site) including civil and services
- Demonstrated application of growing commercial and contractual knowledge
- Experience of working in a cost-conscious environment
- Good people management experience
- Experience in managing subcontractors
- CSCS card
- Airport experience/ critical areas experience
- Experience of working in an international organization
- Experience in stakeholder’s management
- Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or equivalent
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Site EngineerHeathrow, Middlesex (United Kingdom) Full time Production Posted on 21 February, 2024
Senior AgentNorwich, Norfolk (United Kingdom) Full time Production Posted on 21 February, 2024
Section EngineerHeathrow, Middlesex (United Kingdom) Full time Production Posted on 19 February, 2024
Project Controls EngineerHeathrow, Middlesex (United Kingdom) Full time Production Posted on 15 February, 2024
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch