Our Commitment with Airports
At Ferrovial Airports we believe that the future of airports lies on two essential premises: the design of ambitious investment programmes, and an environmentally-friendly airport management approach.
SUSTAINABILITY AND INNOVATION
Sustainability and innovation are crucial in managing our airports. Our goal is to create facilities that are modern, functional, safe, techological, and sustainable in order to offer our passengers a experience different from the rest.
- Heathrow’s Energy Centre is the UK’s largest biomass facility.
- Heathrow’s Terminal 2 is a benchmark for sustainability within the industry. It is the first airport terminal in the world to obtain BREEAM environmental certification.
- Heathrow has a unique system of driverless electric vehicles.
- Southampton Airport has been recognized for its good practices in waste treatment and initiatives in favor of the local community.
PASSENGER EXPERIENCE AT HEATHROW
Figures for 2017:
- 97% of our passengers had a security waiting time of less than five minutes.
- 78.8% of departures were on time.
- 84% of passengers rated their experience at Heathrow to be “excellent or very good”.
- The overall valuation of the airport in the ASQ survey was 4.2/5.
- The number of lost/missed bags per 1,000 passengers was 13.1, in contrast to 40 registered in 2007.
Awards and recognitions 2019
- Top Security Management System (SeMS) AccoladeAberdeen International Airport receives the Top Security Management System (SeMS) Accolade from the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
- Airports Council International (ACI) Airport Service Quality AwardSouthampton Airport recognized as the Best Airport in Europe for Customer Service Excellence by the Airport Service Quality (ACI) Awards 2019.
- Scottish Transport AwardGlasgow Airport was recognized as Airport of the Year by the Scottish Transport Awards 2019.
- The Moodie Davitt Report 2019The Moodies recognized Heathrow Airport for having the Best e/M Commerce Boutique Website.
- Brand Finance Global Forum 2019Heathrow Airport received the Most Valuable Airport Brand Award 2019.