We respond to the challenges of the infrastructure industry by improving its performance indicators through the processing of data, the introduction of measures of operational efficiency, investment in technology, and the management of resources and talent.
Ferrovial Services offers integrated services according to the most demanding industrial work standards. Under the principles of Lean Manufacturing and the monitoring and control of operations through Service Level Agreements -performance indicators or KPIs- agreed with clients, the company carries out a comprehensive management of industrial facilities. The services provided are soft services, general services, and hard services, which include non-mechanical and mechanical services, electrical services, as well as engineering and predictive maintenance services; all of which are monitored and managed through real-time reporting systems and tools.
Specifically, Ferrovial Services’ solutions catalog for the infrastructure industry includes:
- Assignment of responsibilities in each phase through a RACI matrix
- Maintaining a central database for all procedures, including safety and quality
- Developing detailed glossaries to ease field work
- Clear identification, monitoring, and reporting to mitigate risks in the execution phase
Industrial assembly and upgrading works
- Production maintenance: Production lines, machining and assembly, transport systems, robots, and PLCs.
- General Installation maintenance
- Lifting equipment, DPC, cogeneration engines, renovation and reforms
- Legionella control, gas measurement, industrial refrigeration systems, plumbing, high & low voltage
Catalyst handling and specialized welding
Control systems and analyzers: engineering, construction, maintenance, and commissioning
Technical and industrial cleaning
- Pest control and disinfection, sanitation systems, air ducts, etc.
- Cryogenic cleaning with ultrasound and laser
- Interior and exterior lighting
- Climate control
- Data processing centers (DPCs), electrical installations, and generation facilities.
- High precision logistics
- Just-in-time manufacturing
- Palletizing, loading & unloading
- Warehouse management
Waste management and recovery
- Recovery and recycling
- Energy recovery
- Nuclear services and decontamination of radioactive facilities
- Soil decontamination
- Asbestos removal
- Controlled landfills
- Wastewater treatment
- Gardening, orderlies, relocations, reception & telephone customer service, among others
Occupational safety support
Engineering and Asset Management
- Design of predictive maintenance systems, monitoring, and technical assistance
- Project and program management
- Asset Management
Ferrovial Services has been offering infrastructure industry services for many years, including pulp and paper mills, the metal industry, and food, automotive, and chemical products industries. They are able to work under a wide variety of contractual models as, for instance, a comprehensive service which increases the life cycle of assets and brings infrastructures to their best condition under a fixed rate; or the bonus-malus system which adapts operations and resources to fluctuations related to a client’s manufacturing levels.
In brief, Ferrovial Services faces infrastructure industry challenges with a ‘three horizons’ contract plan, based on the Lean Manufacturing system, and helps its clients optimize their assets by reducing long-term maintenance costs, increasing production, improving business efficiency, and by managing assets throughout their life cycle. Operations’ performance management is based on safety as the main priority and responsibility, as well as on shared objectives, agreed levels of service, and the use of a balanced scorecard and a skill matrix, among others.