Posted on 23 February, 2023
London, United Kingdom
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 304 miles of tunnels, 11,930 miles of roads (including 2,485 miles of highways), 2920 miles of railroad lines (including 434 miles of high-speed railroads) and 16,994 miles of road maintenance and repair.
Location: Thames Tideway Tunnel Project – London
Project: Thames Tideway Tunnel
Reporting to: BIM Manager
The CAD Technician/Digital Engineer will support the BIM Manager in activities related to Digital Construction and Information Management on the Norwich Western Link Project. You will focus on these day-to-day operational activities.
The CAD Technician/Digital Engineer will perform activities related to Digital Construction and Information Management in the project. Reporting directly to the BIM Manager, the CAD operator/Digital Engineer will be part of a team that will support him/her on those activities.
Information Management activities – Ensure the development and compliance of project requirements in accordance with the Exchange Information Requirements (EIR), Project BIM Execution Plan, the Information Management Plan and other related documentation.
Digital Construction – You will develop drawings in CAD as required, perform quality control on models and resulting deliverables, support the spatial coordination and clash detection process and enhance the integration of the different parties involved in the project.
This is an exciting opportunity to explore additional uses of new technologies, tools and software in the construction industry.
- Supporting the development and reviews of documentation (including but not limited to Lead Appointed Party EIR, IEP, MIDP), guides and protocols throughout all phases of the project and in alignment with client requirements and ISO 19650 series standards
- Contribute to maintain the CDE (ProjectWise, Asite) according to the project procedures and considering document management structure, workflows, naming convention and final archive
- Ensure that all design, construction, and handover information is managed through the CDE including the D&C phases. Prepare the documentation needed by the client in O&M
- Capture of lessons learned, best practices and innovations
- Review of documents uploaded to the CDE against project specifications
- Support audits
- Quality control BIM / CAD deliverables (such as, models and drawings) whilst taking into account information, requirements and best practices
- Undertake clash detection reviews for project deliverables (including design & construction).
- Produce models to support design and construction works and develop 3D BIM models relevant to the project (i.e. design, construction works, temporary works, logistics). Produce visual Method Statements to highlight potential risks and prove the construction sequences
- Manipulate design models to undertake detailed reviews and simulations of construction methodology and sequencing
- Develop model quantity take-offs to assist quantity surveyors and other members of the team.
- Develop 4D & 5D models of the project
- Develop visuals, such as images and videos to support communication with different parties in the project.
- Deliver presentations internally in the project or external events as required
- Information Management
- Digital Construction
- BIM Coordination
- BIM methodology compliance – ISO 19650 series
- Compliance with client and project requirements
Skills & Experience
- Experience in BIM roles
- Must have an in-depth working knowledge of BIM coordination in large infrastructure projects (such as highway projects)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work goals
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance
- Autodesk Civil 3D
- Autodesk Navisworks Manage
- Autodesk Revit
- Office 365 (intermediate / expert level). Power BI user level will be positively considered.
- Experience in working with point clouds and topographical survey information
- Experience in working with GIS environment and integration of CAD information into GIS
- Experience working with GIS shapefiles
- Experience in working with openBIM (buildingSMART) (IFC, BCF)
- Experience in handover and asset integration procedures
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. We are a Spanish multinational company operating in 4 divisions: Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors, and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK has 7 major Infrastructure projects across the UK: Norwich Western Link (NWL), HS2, Silvertown (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon.
At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity, and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals.
As one of the industry’s most diverse organizations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion, we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.#Ferrovial #United Kingdom #associate
Civil Design EngineerMiddlesex, United Kingdom Full time Technical Office Posted on 21 December, 2022
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch