Civil Design Manager
Posted on 10 October, 2022
Ferrovial Construcción es reconocida a nivel internacional por su capacidad de diseño y construcción de obras singulares en obra civil y edificación y principalmente en grandes infraestructuras de transporte. En su track-record histórico se incluyen hasta la fecha obras que acumulan más de 490 km de túneles, 19.200 km de carretera (incluyendo 4.000 km de autopistas) o 4.700 km de líneas de ferrocarril (incluyendo 700 km de ferrocarril de Alta Velocidad) y 27.350 km de mantenimiento y reparación de carreteras.
- Civil Design Manager on Civil Construction projects.
- Work collaboratively to coordinate with other discipline leads.
- Manage a design team to develop a cost-effective design of complex highways, railroads, transit projects and runways; as well as the associated preparation of plans and reports for the various design stages during tenders and delivery phase
- Perform roadway and railway design.
- Due diligence and review of civil (roadway, drainage, …) designs provided by team engineers as well as subconsultants; performing quality control reviews of work performed by others.
- Perform leadership activities, including mentorship and guidance of junior employees, showing them the path to increase their technical level.
- Monitor and report progress against design schedule. Review and approve tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
- Working in a multidisciplinary environment, actively communicating with the rest of team members also involved in the design and construction works to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Provide support to on-going detailed design projects, proposing alternative solutions and solving design challenges.
- Coordination and project specific meetings with clients, engineering consultants and other stakeholders to discuss on and solve design and construction related topics.
- Responsible for the estimation of Bills of Quantities.
- Perform studies on applicable specifications for performing the specified work in the plans.
- Supports workload deadlines for on time submittals.
- Assists on field observation work when necessary.
- Performs other duties, as needed, related to the scope of work described above.
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of professional experience in design of civil infrastructure projects (plan production and specifications).
- Previous experience leading civil design teams and external consultants required.
- Knowledge and experience with civil transportation software for roadway and railway geometric design (Civil 3D,ISTRAM, OPENROADS and similar), and other applicable common software in the field of transportation engineering. Knowledge and experience working with ProjectWise desirable.
- Demonstrated qualities of leadership and hard work.
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents, drawings, and specifications.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong attention to detail and can work in a fast-paced environment; eagerness to learn and apply engineering skills to develop creative problem-solving designs/ideas.
- Strong commitment to high standards, integrity, and ethics.
#ferrovialconstruction #Spain #intermedio
Design Engineer Manager - Houston (Texas)Madrid, Spain Full time Technical Office Posted on 17 March, 2023
Responsable oficina técnica - Legutiano (Vitoria)Alava, Spain Full time Technical Office Posted on 13 March, 2023
Design EngineerMadrid, Spain Full time Technical Office Posted on 9 March, 2023
Design EngineerMadrid, Spain Full time Technical Office Posted on 26 January, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch