Computer Aided Draft & Design Lead
JR01275 - JOB_POSTING-3-2878
Posted on 19 August, 2023
Austin, TX, Texas (United States of America)
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 304 miles of tunnels, 11,930 miles of roads (including 2,485 miles of highways), 2920 miles of railroad lines (including 434 miles of high-speed railroads) and 16,994 miles of road maintenance and repair.
Engineering Services (E.S.) is a department within Ferrovial Construction charged with providing full-service engineering and design services for our megaprojects in North America. E.S. manages the design of highways, railways, tunnels, transit infrastructures and airports in the U.S. and Canada. With its North American operations headquartered in Austin, Texas, Ferrovial Construction has managed nearly $18 billion in design-build construction since 2006, representing some of the largest, most complex transportation infrastructure projects in the U.S. and Canada. Currently, Ferrovial Construction is managing five major highway construction projects in Georgia, Texas, and Virginia.
- Administers and maintains the CAD Management Plan of each project including:
- Keep up with different DOT standards
- Determine installation process for each DOT’s workspace and write up procedures so others can install workspaces easily
- Write CADD standard manuals for each new project
- Adapt plot configuration files, cell libraries, etc. for specific needs of each project
- Plans Production:
- Prepares layouts, drawings, and designs from detailed sketches and/or drawings made by technicians, designers, or technical professional, converting paper documents into digital files.
- Performs advanced design visualization exhibits from multiple 3d design models.
- Develops processes and techniques for rapid 3D visualization of design concepts
- Develops graphic exhibits as needed for meetings with TxDOT and other stakeholders.
- Help to calculate quantities if needed.
- Managerial Performance:
- Manage consultants and ensuring work is completed on time and up to standard of quality
- Reviews work provided by others for drafting errors
- Training others to use Bentley CAD products
- Manage the CAD Resources group so resources can be easily accessed
- Close coordination with Document Controller Mangers.
In addition, Ferrovial will consider candidates with ProjectWise Administration experience. This is not a requisite, and the Company will support and provide development for the candidate to eventually undertake the following duties:
- ProjectWise Administrator duties including:
- Create new projects on ProjectWise
- Develop managed workspaces for the different DOTs for different versions of the software
- Assist in managing user access and privileges
- Set up renditions (automated PDF creation) for each new project
- Develop Title Block Integration for larger projects to better batch edit title blocks and for better meta data gathering
- Create and manage user access for Bentley Connect projects
- Associated Degree in engineering technology or similar
- At least five years’ experience with Bentley Microstation and Power Geopak, software for plan production.
- OpenRoads Designer experience preferred.
- Experience in ProjectWise required.
- Individual shall be proficient in manipulating drawings, plotting, using reference files and utilizing surveying files (ortho photos, DTM, etc.)
- Advanced and specialized drafting
- Reviewing and revising documents to include engineering notes, specifications, standards, and procedures in drafting plans and in preparation of plans, specifications and estimates
- Technical training in drafting may be substituted for experience on a year per year basis
Lead Maintenance of Traffic EngineerAustin, TX, Texas (United States of America) Full time Technical Office Posted on 19 September, 2023
Engineer of RecordAustin, TX, Texas (United States of America) Full time Technical Office Posted on 5 September, 2023
Transportation/Traffic EngineerAustin, TX, Texas (United States of America) Full time Technical Office Posted on 3 August, 2023
CAD Technician- Alamo NEXSan Antonio, Texas (United States of America) Part time Technical Office Posted on 12 June, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch