Construction Intern - Summer 2024
JR05298 - JOB_POSTING-3-4417
Posted on 7 December, 2023
Atlanta, GA, Georgia (United States of America)
Entry Level Development
North Perimeter Contractors, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of the Ferrovial Group. In Georgia, North Perimeter Contractors, LLC is managing the design and construction of the I-285/SR 400 Project, which is a design-build (DB) project involving 10.5 miles of roadway. The project includes rebuilding the I-285/SR 400 Interchange as well as improvements to lI-285 west from Roswell Road in Fulton County to east of Ashford-Dunwoody Road in DeKalb County, and improvements to SR 400 from the Glenridge Connector to Spalding Drive. This $460 million project will improve ramp capacity at the interchanges by adding more traffic lanes and improve existing configuration deficiencies in both highways. The project will include building a collector-distributor with separation barriers and new flyover bridges which will widen and improve conditions of other existing bridges in the interchange area. The project is expected to save the average commuter 8 hours per year and to cut more than 20,000 hours a day in delays for all users of the interchange.
This is a three-to-four-month assignment where you will assist a Project Team with the management, field construction activities and documentation of a project.
- Communicate with Foremen and Superintendent to learn about field construction operations and to provide support.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with owners, agencies, subcontractors, inspectors, & the local community.
- Assist with the Project Environmental, Health, Safety requirements.
- Assist the Project Engineer with approving time cards in Procore. Ensure all equipment and employees are accounted for on timecards.
- Assist with verifying quantities in FIS (Field Information Systems) and log quantities for cost and revenue tracking.
- Assist the Project Engineer with generating and distributing daily cost reports (trucking, labor, equipment) to the Project Manager, Foreman & Superintendent.
- Assist with the completion of daily reports documenting both Granite Construction and Subcontractor activities.
- Place necessary material orders, survey requests, locates, etc.
- Maintain a to-do list and diary.
- Assist with the calculations of yields of materials used such as concrete, aggregate base & asphalt.
- Tour jobsite daily with the Project Manager or Engineer to verify quantities claimed are correct and to stay current on overall job progress.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
Civil Project Management InternNew York, NY, New York (United States of America) Full time Entry Level Development Posted on 15 February, 2024
Civil Project Management InternFort Worth, Texas (United States of America) Full time Entry Level Development Posted on 8 February, 2024
Webber - Executive Assistant - CorporateThe Woodlands, TX, Texas (United States of America) Full time Entry Level Development Posted on 13 October, 2023
Civil Engineer TraineeManassas, VA, Virginia (United States of America) Full time Entry Level Development Posted on 10 October, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch