Design Engineer Manager - Houston (Texas)
Posted on 17 March, 2023
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 304 miles of tunnels, 11,930 miles of roads (including 2,485 miles of highways), 2920 miles of railroad lines (including 434 miles of high-speed railroads) and 16,994 miles of road maintenance and repair.
Ferrovial Energy Solutions was recently created to develop the Energy business in Ferrovial Construcción within the Horizon 24 strategic framework, and currently integrates T&I activities, Renewable Generation and Energy Efficiency projects. It is currently present in Spain, USA, Portugal and Chile, but with the intention of being present in all key geographies for Ferrovial Construction.
Company: Ferrovial Webber Energy
This position will be based at our offices in Houston (Texas, USA)
While you will be primarily based in Houston, your position may involve travel, both domestic and international.
The Design Engineer Manager will be responsible for designing and implementing solar energy systems for utility-scale projects. This includes designing the layout and electrical specifications for solar panel arrays, as well as creating and analyzing financial models to determine the feasibility and cost-effectiveness of the proposed systems.
- Perform solar analysis and thorough design of new solar PV installations, with or without storage. Including layouts, single-line diagrams, output, among others using industry-standard software and tools.
- Understand every design solution for a solar installation: ground mounted, tracker or fixed structures, BESS, etc.
- Interface with clients, contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure design requirements are met
- Identify and manage the new technologies from vendors, manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, etc., to identify key trends in the industry and implement them on new opportunities.
- Communicate and coordinate with consultant engineers, suppliers, and construction teams to resolve engineering-related questions and issues concerning the solar design in the best interest of the projects.
- Ability to perform 30% package regarding engineering and construction drawings for solar PV projects.
- Provide timely communication and reliable support to field personnel for all aspects of construction that relates to the drawings and construction information package.
- Perform periodic design compliance inspections on project sites.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Electrical Engineering, alternatively in Mechanical or Civil Engineering, Science in Building Construction, or similar. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Two to five years of experience with engineering design of renewable energy projects or electrical projects.
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Microsoft Project and any 3D design software experience is a plus.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, prioritization, and time management skills. Ability to multi-task while managing multiple projects.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC) and other relevant industry standards
- Proven knowledge about solar modules, inverters, and racking technologies along with key general solar technology trends. Knowledge of energy storage and distributed generation technologies is a plus.
- Experience and proficiency with PVSyst, System Advisory Model (SAM), and/or AutoCAD Civil.
- Desire to work in a dynamic environment alongside people with multiple interests and backgrounds.
#ferrovialconstruction #Spain #intermedio
Responsable oficina técnica - Legutiano (Vitoria)Alava, Spain Full time Technical Office Posted on 13 March, 2023
Design EngineerMadrid, Spain Full time Technical Office Posted on 9 March, 2023
Design EngineerMadrid, Spain Full time Technical Office Posted on 26 January, 2023
Structural Design Engineer (US opportunity)Madrid, Spain Full time Technical Office Posted on 30 January, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch