Electrical Design Engineer - Ontario Line South
Posted on 10 March, 2023
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 490 km of tunnels, 19,200 km of roads (including 4,000 km of highways), 4,700 km of railroad lines (including 700 km of high-speed railroads) and 27,350 km of road maintenance and repair.
Ontario Line South
Ferrovial Construction Canada Inc. and VINCI Construction Grands Projects are to design, build and finance the Ontario Line Southern Civil, Stations and Tunnel (South Civil) package.
Working together as Ontario Transit Group we are currently mobilizing our design and construction crews, with major works to commence in 2023. The South Civil contract is anticipated to be completed in 2030.
The project will strengthen Ontario’s economy by supporting an estimated 1,500 jobs at the peak of construction.
What is the project?
- A six-kilometer tunnel and associated tunnelling works from Exhibition to Don Yard portal (west of the Don River)
- One above-ground station to be integrated with the existing GO Transit Exhibition Station
- Two underground stations to be integrated with the existing TTC Osgoode and Queen subway stations
- Four new underground stations (King/Bathurst, Queen/Spadina, Moss Park, Corktown)
The benefits to Ontario!
Faster, more frequent and reliable access to rapid transit with more than 227,500 people will live within a 10-minute walk of an Ontario Line station
- Improve the quality of life for commuters by reducing daily travel time
- Reduce crowding on the existing Line 1 (Yonge-University) subway
- Up to 57,000 more jobs accessible by transit (in 45 minutes or less) for Toronto residents
- Economic and community growth along the future transit line and thousands of job opportunities annually during construction
- Reduction in traffic congestion, greenhouse gases and fuel consumption by providing an alternative transportation option
Electrical Design Engineer – Are you the perfect fit?
Reporting to the Stations Design Manager and the Electrical Design Manager, the Electrical Design Engineer:
- Oversees and guides the execution of the Electrical design within building area (at-grade and underground stations for subway application) related to the design development, including but not limited to: calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, reports, specifications and other for LV distribution, load calculations, single- and three-line diagrams, circuit breaker sizing, cable sizing, bounding and grounding, lightning, normal & emergency lighting, etc
- Oversees and guides the execution of Electrical System Studies, including, but not limited to short circuit, protection coordination study and setting calculations, arc-flash, power quality and Harmonic analysis, load flow and motor starting studies.
- Performs checks and due diligence of designs performed by design consultants according to the output specifications by the Client and applicable codes
- Produces and/or checks Bills Of Quantities (Including generation of quantities and performing Quality checks on quantities by design consultants)
- Coordination and project specific meetings with Clients, design consultants and other stakeholders to discuss on and solve design and construction related topics
- Working in a multidisciplinary environment, actively communicating with the rest of the design team also involved in the design and construction works to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Supports workload deadlines for in time submittals. Tracks progress against design schedule. Reviews and approves tasks to ensure deadlines are met
- Contributes to develop design optimizations and technical alternatives
What you will undertake:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Industrial Engineering or related field.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in the development and/or oversee of the electrical tasks described.
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards
- Knowledge of firefighting systems (detection systems), CCTV and access control valuable.
- Demonstrated qualities of leadership, proactivity and commitment
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess strong attention to detail and can work in a fast-paced environment; eagerness to learn and apply engineering skills to develop creative problem-solving designs/ideas
- Strong commitment to high standards, integrity and ethics
What do we ask for?
- Knowledge and practical experience in Autodesk Environment (Autocad, Revit, BIM360, etc) preferred
- Knowledge and practical experience in Dialux Evo, AGi32, ETAP and SESShield 3D or similar software preferred
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field preferred
- Knowledge of DC Light Rail Traction system design valuable
- Previous experience managing external or internal teams
- P. Eng. accreditation preferred
- LEED AP valuable
#ferrovialconstruction #Canada #entrylevel
Mechanical Plumbing Engineer - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canada Full time Technical Office Posted on 10 March, 2023
Assistant Design Manager - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canada Full time Technical Office Posted on 10 March, 2023
Mechanical/Plumbing Engineer - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canada Full time Technical Office Posted on 6 March, 2023
CAD Designer (Drafter) - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canada Full time Technical Office Posted on 24 February, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch