Electrical Engineer - Houston (Texas)
Posted on 17 March, 2023
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 304 miles of tunnels, 11,930 miles of roads (including 2,485 miles of highways), 2920 miles of railroad lines (including 434 miles of high-speed railroads) and 16,994 miles of road maintenance and repair.
Ferrovial Energy Solutions was recently created to develop the Energy business in Ferrovial Construcción within the Horizon 24 strategic framework, and currently integrates T&I activities, Renewable Generation and Energy Efficiency projects. It is currently present in Spain, USA, Portugal and Chile, but with the intention of being present in all key geographies for Ferrovial Construction.
Company: Ferrovial Webber Energy
This position will be based at our offices in Houston (Texas, USA)
While you will be primarily based in Houston, your position may involve travel, both domestic and international.
While your daily responsibilities may vary from time to time, your primary responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for reviewing design drawings, ensuring compliance, and inspecting the electrical work for compliance before, during, and after product installation.
- Review of drawings, schematics, and bid proposals to confirm conformity with code standards, contract scope, and stakeholder requirements.
- Support the estimating team on developing bid out RFQs and facilitate communication and coordination between internal team, subcontractors, and the clients.
- Quality assurance and quality control reviews of the electrical components and installations at all stages of the project, checking accurate execution in accordance with regulations and project scope.
- Keep accurate project documentation, records, and communications throughout these processes is expected.
- Follow the development of the project schedule with the Project Team and ensure the team is executing to the plan, meeting project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Know the key operational details of the subcontract and holds the subcontractors accountable to their agreement and the company's standards.
- Prevent rework, recognize any potential patterns of rework, and develop solutions to eliminate it.
- Collaborate as needed to resolve major complex issues and assist with the resolution of claims.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar position.
- Strong technical background in the electrical field. (Solar project experience is a plus)
- Strong understanding of electrical codes, drawings, and diagrams
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Engineering or technical experience, including with LV, MV, and HV
- Ability to work both independently and in coordination with multiple stakeholders
- NEC 2014 & 2017 knowledge is required.
- Expert knowledge of the basic OSHA Safety regulations.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, high level of autonomy and proactiveness.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Responsibilities interacting with clients, engineering firms and subcontractors.
- Flexibility and strong capabilities to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team.
- Solid time management system and demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Software requirements: MS Office Word, Excel and Projects.
#ferrovialconstruction #Spain #sinexperiencia
Administrativo/a de Obra Junior - AsturiasAsturias, Spain Full time Production Posted today
Gestor/a de Eficiencia Energética - VitoriaAlava, Spain Full time Production Posted today
CapatazMadrid, Spain Full time Production Posted on 27 March, 2023
Jefe/a de Mantenimiento - Cadagua SaguntoValencia, Spain Full time Production Posted on 23 March, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch