Engineering Services Summer Internship Summer of 2024
JR03995 - JOB_POSTING-3-2791
Posted on 9 August, 2023
Austin, TX, Texas (United States of America)
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 304 miles of tunnels, 11,930 miles of roads (including 2,485 miles of highways), 2920 miles of railroad lines (including 434 miles of high-speed railroads) and 16,994 miles of road maintenance and repair.
Ferrovial Construction US Corp. is seeking talented civil engineering students to conduct their cooperative education experience within our Engineering Services department. This department is entitled to lead the design activity within our company and all our engineers cultivate their technical skills and knowledge in their discipline. Ferrovial Construction US Corp will provide engineering students with practical experience that will aid in progressing their careers in design services. We are rapidly expanding our presence in the United States and looking to cultivate future leaders who demonstrate a collaborative attitude, innovation, and strong drive for results. We are looking for students who are interested in the following departments:
Ferrovial is the world's leading private investor in transportation infrastructures, with activities in construction, management, maintenance and services. Ferrovial has a workforce of approximately 100,000 employees and operations in more than 15 countries. Ferrovial Construction is the construction division of the company and is involved in all areas of construction, namely civil works, building and industrial works around the world. Within the context of civil works, the company designs and builds all types of infrastructures such as roads, railways, hydraulic projects, maritime works, hydroelectric works and industrial projects.
Within the North America, Ferrovial Construction has a backlog of nearly $ 18 Billion USD design-build construction and has completed projects in Ontario Canada, Indiana, Illinois and Texas, USA and is currently overseeing the construction of highways in Virginia, Georgia, Texas and Toronto, Ontario. The company is pursuing dozens of additional heavy civil projects throughout the United States and Canada.
A student engineer can expect to perform some of the following tasks during their education experience:
- Review design plans for applicable engineering discipline on very complex Infrastructure projects
- Provide possible solutions to technical design challenges for applicable engineering discipline
- Opportunity to obtain hands on experience with design software
- Determine calculations for applicable engineering discipline.
- Hands on experience with specifications and construction drawings
- Tracking to earn Master’s degree in Civil Engineering obtained from an accredited U.S. college or university, preferably one of the premier civil engineering programs in the U.S.
- Must be on a track for attaining a E.I.T registration
- Some Knowledge with design software including MicroStation, OpenRoads and/or Geopak, and other applicable software common to the field of transportation engineering
- Demonstrated qualities of leadership and hard work
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents, drawings and specifications
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess strong attention to detail and can work in a fast-paced environment; an eagerness to learn and apply your engineering skills to develop creative problem-solving designs/ideas
- Strong commitment to high standards, integrity and ethics
Compensation: Hourly wage plus monthly housing stipend
Construction Management Co-OpAtlanta, GA, Fort Worth, Mississauga, ON, San Antonio, Georgia, Ontario, Texas (Canada, United States of America) Full time Support Posted on 18 September, 2023
Civil Project Management InternAtlanta, GA, Austin, TX, Fort Worth, Mississauga, ON, San Antonio, Georgia, Ontario, Texas (Canada, United States of America) Full time Support Posted on 6 September, 2023
Associate Project ManagerAtlanta, GA, Austin, TX, Fort Worth, Mississauga, ON, New York, NY, Georgia, New York, Ontario, Texas (Canada, United States of America) Full time Support Posted on 6 September, 2023
Structural Intern Summer 2024" (Austin)Austin, TX, Texas (United States of America) Full time Support Posted on 5 September, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch