Highways Design Manager - Madrid
JR03429 - JOB_POSTING-3-3102
Posted on 14 September, 2023
Madrid, Madrid (Spain)
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 304 miles of tunnels, 11,930 miles of roads (including 2,485 miles of highways), 2920 miles of railroad lines (including 434 miles of high-speed railroads) and 16,994 miles of road maintenance and repair.
Highways Design Manager on Transport Infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge of roadway and railway design.
- Desirable knowledge of pavement design (analytical methods and AASHTO 93 methodology)
- Work collaboratively to coordinate with other discipline leads.
- Manage a design team to develop a cost-effective design of complex highways, railroads, transit projects and runways; as well as the associated preparation of plans and reports for the various design stages during tenders and delivery phase.
- Due diligence and review of civils (roadway, railway, pavements) designs provided by team engineers as well as subconsultants; performing quality control reviews of work performed by others.
- Monitor and report progress against design schedule. Review and approve tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
- Working in a multidisciplinary environment, actively communicating with the rest of team members also involved in the design and construction works to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Provide support to on-going detailed design projects, proposing alternative solutions and solving design challenges.
- Coordination and project specific meetings with clients, engineering consultants and other stakeholders to discuss on and solve design and construction related topics.
- Responsible for the estimation and monitoring of Bills of Quantities associated to highways design
- Perform studies on applicable specifications for performing the specified work in the plans.
- Supports workload deadlines for on time submittals.
- Assists on field observation work when necessary.
- Performs other duties, as needed, related to the scope of work described above.
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of professional experience in design of civil infrastructure projects (major highways/railway projects).
- Geographic mobility: Geographic mobility for project and tender’s support. Both, short-term relocations (up to 6 months) and long-term relocation (2+ years) in other geography.
- Experience leading highway design teams and external consultants.
- Knowledge and experience with civil transportation software for roadway and railway geometric design (Civil 3D, ISTRAM, OPENROADS and similar), pavements design and other applicable common software in the field of transportation engineering.
- Demonstrated qualities of leadership and hard work.
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents, drawings, and specifications.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Must possess strong attention to detail and can work in a fast-paced environment; eagerness to learn and apply engineering skills to develop creative problem-solving designs/ideas.
- Strong commitment to high standards, integrity, and ethics.
Solar PV Technical ManagerMadrid, Madrid (Spain) Full time Production Posted today
Graduate Administración - BadajozBadajoz, Badajoz (Spain) Full time Production Posted on 21 September, 2023
Graduate Administración - CáceresPlasencia, Caceres (Spain) Full time Production Posted on 21 September, 2023
Jefe/a de Obra Edificación - Andalucía OccidentalSevilla, Sevilla (Spain) Full time Production Posted on 19 September, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch