PLAA Coordinator - Ontario Line South
Posted on 21 February, 2023
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 490 km of tunnels, 19,200 km of roads (including 4,000 km of highways), 4,700 km of railroad lines (including 700 km of high-speed railroads) and 27,350 km of road maintenance and repair.
PLAA Manager – Ontario Line South
Ontario Line South
Ferrovial Construction Canada Inc. and VINCI Construction Grands Projets are to design, build and finance the Ontario Line Southern Civil, Stations and Tunnel (South Civil) package.
Working together as Ontario Transit Group we are currently mobilizing our design and construction crews, with major works to commence in 2023. The South Civil contract is anticipated to be completed in 2030.
The project will strengthen Ontario’s economy by supporting an estimated 1,500 jobs at the peak of construction.
What is the project?
- A six-kilometre tunnel and associated tunnelling works from Exhibition to Don Yard portal (west of the Don River)
- One above-ground station to be integrated with the existing GO Transit Exhibition Station
- Two underground stations to be integrated with the existing TTC Osgoode and Queen subway stations
- Four new underground stations (King/Bathurst, Queen/Spadina, Moss Park, Corktown)
The benefits to Ontario!
Faster, more frequent and reliable access to rapid transit with more than 227,500 people will live within a 10-minute walk of an Ontario Line station
- Improve the quality of life for commuters by reducing daily travel time
- Reduce crowding on the existing Line 1 (Yonge-University) subway
- Up to 57,000 more jobs accessible by transit (in 45 minutes or less) for Toronto residents
- Economic and community growth along the future transit line and thousands of job opportunities annually during construction
- Reduction in traffic congestion, greenhouse gases and fuel consumption by providing an alternative transportation option
PLAA Manager – Are you the perfect fit?
What you will undertake:
• Work as part of a team to research, plan, coordinate, track, and apply for construction permits as per established processes to ensure timely issuance of permits meeting strict construction start deadlines
• Maintaining and updating the project’s permits matrix and database
• Managing relationships with the Client, Governmental Authorities, and Stakeholders
• Preparing for, attending, and/or leading meetings with the Client, Government Authorities, and other Stakeholders
• Communicating both internally and externally about the status of permitting applications and responding to questions about the permitting process
• Preparing and/or reviewing PLAA applications, conducting inspections, and enforcing permit conditions
• Coordinating with contractors, architects, engineers, subcontractors, inspectors, and other relevant parties throughout the entire permitting process
• Coordinating with the Client, Government Authorities, and other Stakeholders throughout the entire permitting process
• Ensuring that all permits are issued in a timely manner while maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements
What do we ask for?
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng) license in province of work preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience including similar positions in major urban infrastructure projects.
- Proficiency in the use of standard Microsoft Office products and Design software
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
#ferrovialconstruction #Canada #midseniorlevel
Package Manager - Infra and Civil Works - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canada Full time Production Posted on 15 March, 2023
Traffic Control Supervisor - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canada Full time Production Posted on 10 March, 2023
Pre-construction Scheduler – Ontario Line South ProjectOntario, Canada Full time Production Posted on 10 March, 2023
Stations Scheduler - Ontario Line SouthOntario, Canada Full time Production Posted on 10 March, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch