Project Manager - Texas, Georgia or North Carolina
Posted on 28 October, 2022
We are an American construction leader with specialties in heavy civil, commercial, waterworks and materials. We are dedicated to meeting the infrastructure needs of our clients and our community safely and intelligently.Our mission is to develop solutions that exceed satisfaction, maximize shareholder value, foster the professional development of our crewmembers and have a positive impact in our community. Always at the forefront of every project we embark on, is our commitment to quality, safety, sustainability and the satisfaction of our clients.
The Project Manager is responsible to take ownership of the Project P&L and ensure that highway and bridge construction projects are well planned and successfully executed. Among many important activities, it is most important that projects are executed safely, on time, and within budget while maintaining positive communication with the Owner's representative.
Regular Job Duties
- Ensure a "Safety First" attitude throughout the project from all levels of management and operations
- Supervise, manage, and direct the selection, training, development, appraisal, and work assignments of personnel
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with the owner or the owner's representative
- Read, understand, and plan according to the work specifications and contract responsibilities
- Anticipate project conflicts, communicate preventative action plans, and implement solutions to avoid issues
- Understand and plan work according to project plans, change orders, shop drawings, subcontracts, purchase orders, and monthly pay estimates
- Select and oversee Subcontractors and Suppliers
- Create, update, review, and maintain budget for project. Generate solutions to stay on time and on budget
- Monitor the cost of Equipment on the project and implement strategies to stay within budget
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines In P6 CPM
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Oversee daily field activities leading to optimal progression of project with Superintendents
- Present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Other unlisted duties will be assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or other related degree or commiserate experience is highly preferred
- Three (3) or more years of experience in managing construction projects exceeding $100M of highways and bridges
- Moderate to high level of proficiency operating Primavera 6 CPM scheduling software
- Moderate to high level of proficiency operating MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
- Valid driver license for frequent travel
- Be able to communicate in English via verbal and written communications
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Full understanding of Construction Math concepts
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature. Some exposure to outdoors with changing weather conditions such as rain, sun, snow, and wind. Ability to physically maneuver by foot minor obstacles at construction projects
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Webber, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Webber, LLC complies with applicable local, state and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.#webber # #midseniorlevel
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch