Roadway Engineer of Record
Posted on 13 February, 2023
Texas, United States of America
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 304 miles of tunnels, 11,930 miles of roads (including 2,485 miles of highways), 2920 miles of railroad lines (including 434 miles of high-speed railroads) and 16,994 miles of road maintenance and repair.
- Engineer of Record (EOR) and roadway discipline lead on Civil Construction projects.
- Work collaboratively to coordinate with other discipline leads.
- Manage a design team to develop a cost-effective design of complex highways, railroads, and runways; as well as the associated preparation of plans and reports for the various design phases: Preliminary design, 60% design, 100% design and RFCs. Focus on design optimizations and design alternatives required.
- Due diligence and review of roadway designs provided by team engineers as well as subconsultants; performing quality control reviews of work performed by others.
- Perform leadership activities, including mentorship and guidance of junior employees, showing them the path to increase their technical level.
- Monitor and report progress against design schedule. Review and approve tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
- Working in a multidisciplinary environment, actively communicating with the rest of team members also involved in the design and construction works to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Provide support to on-going detailed design projects, proposing alternative solutions and solving roadway challenges.
- Coordination and project specific meetings with clients, engineering consultants and other stakeholders to discuss on and solve design and construction related topics.
- Responsible for the estimation of Bills of Quantities.
- Perform studies on applicable specifications for performing the specified work in the plans.
- Supports workload deadlines for on time submittals.
- Assists on field observation work when necessary.
- Performs other duties, as needed, related to the scope of work described above.
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering obtained from an accredited U.S. college or university, preferably one of the premier civil engineering programs in the U.S.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) in at least one state, with the ability to obtain registration in the state of Texas within 90 days of employment.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in the detailed design of freeways, interstate highways and complex interchanges (plan production and specifications).
- Previous experience as EOR in Roadway Projects in Texas preferred.
- Previous experience leading roadway design teams and external consultants required.
- Familiarity with AASHTO A policy on geometric design of highways and streets, AASHTO Roadside Design Guide and other relevant manuals with respect to Roadway design. Knowledge of TxDOT Roadway Design Manual and local practices preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with MicroStation, InRoads, PowerGEOPAK and/or OpenRoads, and other applicable common software in the field of transportation engineering. Knowledge and experience working with ProjectWise desirable.
- Demonstrated qualities of leadership and hard work.
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents, drawings, and specifications.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong attention to detail and can work in a fast-paced environment; an eagerness to learn and apply your engineering skills to develop creative problem-solving designs/ideas.
- Strong commitment to high standards, integrity, and ethics.
#ferrovialconstruction #United States of America #entrylevel
CAD Technician- Alamo NEXTexas, United States of America Part time Technical Office Posted on 7 March, 2023
Structural/Bridge Design EngineerGeorgia, United States of America Full time Technical Office Posted on 13 January, 2023
CAD and ProjectWise System AdministratorTexas, United States of America Full time Technical Office Posted on 9 January, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch