Senior Quantity Surveyor
JR05144 - JOB_POSTING-3-4252
Posted on 23 November, 2023
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. The company has presence in 6 main markets. It is a member of Spain’s blue-chip IBEX 35 index and is also included in prestigious sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and FTSE4Good. We deliver value-driven, complex multi-disciplinary design and construction solutions across varied sectors worldwide, including transport, energy and water. Our people make this happen, bringing a diverse range of experiences, prospectives and backgrounds to fuel fresh thinking as we meet the unique needs of the clients and communities we serve. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and leaving a sustainable legacy. At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals. As one of the industry’s most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
About FC Civils Solutions
FC Civils Solutions is an engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. We are a Spanish multinational company operating in 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK has 6 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2, Silvertown (STT), Heathrow (H7), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon.
We will look to bring turnkey building & civil solutions, as well as a provision for general construction needs to our Group’s companies’ projects within the UK. These projects span from airfield works (taxiways, runways, stands), to civils (roads, demolition works, underground and above ground structures), and MEP packages (services tunnels, lifts, life safety systems, fuel/fire mains).
- Advise managers on how to achieve best monetary value for proposals and procurement options
- To manage both subcontracted and self-delivery packages (this includes forecasting day work labour and plant)
- Responsible for the commercial relationships with subcontractors and to balance the delivery of quality services with achieving the best value for the business
- To focus on cost control and budgeting procedures in line with the business financial systems
- Good communication skills to ensure effective integration with all aspects of projects and collaboration with project management teams.
- To liaise with the procurement and accounts teams as required to ensure compliance with financial parameters
- Produce and monitor Applications / Final Accounts
- Check agreed sub-contract Applications / Accounts
- Change / Contract Management with subcontractors and with the Client
- Early Warning Procedures
- Compensation Events and processes
- Identifying design risk as an internal change or as a Client Change item
- To coach and advise Assistant Quantity Surveyors in order to develop their skill set
- To promote company values in all dealing with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts.
- To monitor and assess staff capability and performance
Key skills, experience and qualifications
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Quantity Surveying experience in managing both subcontracted and self-delivery packages in civil engineering and/or utilities
- Working knowledge of NEC forms of contract
- Awareness or working knowledge of various NEC contract amendments, particularly with the use of X clauses, Z clauses, Insurances & Warranties
- Knowledge of contract structure and law. Experience of contract management
- Procurement (subcontract) experience. Estimation – Ability to draft Bills of quantities & interpret subcontract BoQs.
- Knowledge of programme management
- Experience of managing a supply chain and subcontractors. Experience of working in a cost-conscious environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact. Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
- Experience of working in an international organization
- Experience in stakeholder’s management (Key stakeholders apart from client)
- Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors MIRCS
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Ferrovial Construction UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and as such treats applications equally and recruits purely based on skills and experience.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion, and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Site EngineerHeathrow, Middlesex (United Kingdom) Full time Production Posted on 21 February, 2024
Senior AgentNorwich, Norfolk (United Kingdom) Full time Production Posted on 21 February, 2024
Section EngineerHeathrow, Middlesex (United Kingdom) Full time Production Posted on 19 February, 2024
Project Controls EngineerHeathrow, Middlesex (United Kingdom) Full time Production Posted on 15 February, 2024
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch