Structures Assistant Design Manager
Posted on 14 October, 2022
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. The company has presence in 6 main markets. It is a member of Spain’s blue-chip IBEX 35 index and is also included in prestigious sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and FTSE4Good. We deliver value-driven, complex multi-disciplinary design and construction solutions across varied sectors worldwide, including transport, energy and water. Our people make this happen, bringing a diverse range of experiences, prospectives and backgrounds to fuel fresh thinking as we meet the unique needs of the clients and communities we serve. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and leaving a sustainable legacy. At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals. As one of the industry’s most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
Structures Assistant Design Manager
Project: High Speed 2 Main Works Project
Location: Milton Keynes
Reporting To: Structures Engineering Discipline Manager/Lead
Project Area Design & Engineering Lead
About Ferrovial Construction:
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. We are a Spanish multinational company operating in 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK has 7 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2, Silvertown (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Norwich Western Link, Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon.
At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals.
As one of the industry’s most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
The project involves the design and construction of civil engineering works across 80km section of the new high speed rail link (HS2 Phase 1 London – Birmingham route).
Our scope includes 15 viaducts, around 7 km of green tunnels, 22km of road diversions, 81 bridges and over 30 million cubic meters of excavation.
After completion of Hs2, 8 of Britain’s largest cities will be connected with faster and more frequent services. The project aims to provide low carbon travelling and reduce road traffic.
To support the Design and Engineering team, in managing and delivering the optimized Design for Structures in accordance with the Programme and the Client’s requirements, giving direct support to the Structure Engineering Discipline Manager/Lead. The role will be based in one of the 5 Project areas in C23, with a day-to-day cooperation with the design team deployed in each of those areas.
- Assist the Structures Discipline Manager route wide (across all sectors) in the delivery of the design of structures
- Leading the design development within the IDMT
- Daily liaison with the D&E Section Lead to ensure the delivery on time, optimized and in accordance with the Client’s requirements.
- Key role in study of assisting in the optimization/assumptions and liaison with the commercial, planning, design delivery teams, and designers.
- Assist in the coordination with Construction for management of topics such as GI, topographical surveys, and all other issues related with the design development for the structure’s disciplines.
- Provide support in design for constructability and TW integration (coordination with Construction + leading designer action)
- Assist in the direct link to BOQ monitoring. Model review, quantity monitoring and control
- Coordination of the structures Design route wise, although it is envisaged that a sector will be allocated to the coordinator
- Helping in the coordination of all design and assurance deliverables with interfacing organizations
- Maintain close liaison and collaboration with HS2 technical team as required.
- Attendance and support to the Client, Designer and EKFB meetings.
Key skills and experience
- Experience in major civil engineering works, in the structural design field
- Knowledge of relevant structures standards and its applicability for the design
- Value Engineering and optimization focused
- Ability to coordinate and manage own workload supporting project delivery.
- Preferably understanding of HS2 Act (or similar) requirements and the constraints this applies
- Knowledge of typical temporary works involved in the construction of major and standard bridges
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to interpret 3D models in CAD and structural calculations
- A good communicator and able to build positive working relationships, internally and with the supply chain.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to cope well under pressure & work within tight timeframes
- Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.#Ferrovial #United Kingdom #midseniorlevel
MEP Design EngineerMiddlesex, United Kingdom Full time Technical Office Posted on 14 October, 2022
Senior Digital EngineerLondon, United Kingdom Full time Technical Office Posted on 14 October, 2022
Technical Office EngineerLondon, United Kingdom Full time Technical Office Posted on 14 October, 2022
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch