Technical Office Engineer
Posted on 14 October, 2022
London, United Kingdom
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. The company has presence in 6 main markets. It is a member of Spain’s blue-chip IBEX 35 index and is also included in prestigious sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and FTSE4Good. We deliver value-driven, complex multi-disciplinary design and construction solutions across varied sectors worldwide, including transport, energy and water. Our people make this happen, bringing a diverse range of experiences, prospectives and backgrounds to fuel fresh thinking as we meet the unique needs of the clients and communities we serve. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and leaving a sustainable legacy. At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals. As one of the industry’s most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
Technical Office Engineer
The Silvertown Tunnel project was awarded to the consortium Riverlinx CJV (Ferrovial Construction, BAM and SK) at the end of May 2019. This complex 5-year project will construct a twin-bore road tunnel under the Thames in east London which will link Silvertown to the Greenwich Peninsula. The Silvertown Tunnel aims to prepare for London’s future population growth and relieve the congestion and poor air quality around the 122-year old Blackwall tunnel. It is the UK’s first road tunnel to have dedicated bus lanes, buses are all expected to be zero emission vehicles and will support the increasing demand for bus transport across Greenwich, Newham and Tower Hamlets.
The Silvertown Tunnel (STT) Project involves the construction of a twin-bore road tunnel with a Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM), providing a new connection between the A102 Blackwall Tunnel Approach on Greenwich Peninsula and the Tidal Basin Roundabout junction on the A1020 Lower Lea Crossing/ Silvertown Way.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to the safety and health framework, policies and management system requirements and expectations;
- Develop and maintain an awareness of SHE hazards and associated risks and demonstrate a commitment to eliminate or minimise those risks;
- Understand and effectively undertake SHE accountabilities.
- Support Technical Office Manager in below fields:
- Prepare Bill of Quantities-BoQ- for different packages and disciplines
- Reading of design intent drawings to obtain BoQ
- Collaborate on monthly closures and project progress reports
- IFC-Fabrication Drawings approval from Suppliers, liaising with designer, ASite platform and Construction
- Bar Bending Schedules for reinforcement generation
- Engagement with Construction Department to propose and implement Value Engineer proposals
- Support to Construction Activities providing technical advice, solutions.
- Reporting: monthly progress, capture of BoQ updates after design approvals in a monthly basis
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements and all relevant Company and Joint Venture policies and processes.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion. We see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. Flexible working arrangements will be considered.
#Ferrovial #United Kingdom #associate
MEP Design EngineerMiddlesex, United Kingdom Full time Technical Office Posted on 14 October, 2022
Senior Digital EngineerLondon, United Kingdom Full time Technical Office Posted on 14 October, 2022
Structures Assistant Design ManagerBuckinghamshire, United Kingdom Full time Technical Office Posted on 14 October, 2022
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch