Webber - Carpenters - Heavy Civil - Columbus, TX
JR05870 - JOB_POSTING-3-5255
Posted on 17 February, 2024
Houston, TX, Texas (United States of America)
Founded in 1963, Webber is a leading construction company that specializes in heavy civil, waterworks, energy and infrastructure management and is dedicated to safely providing intelligent solutions to its clients and community.Webber is headquartered in Houston, Texas, with offices and projects in the United States and Canada. Webber supports a wide range of project models to meet client needs, including traditional design bid build, design build, alternative delivery models and public private partnership (P3) solutions. Webber also has an in-house engineering services department to help optimize building efficiency and quality while solving complex project challenges using field experience, innovative construction methods and BIM technology. As a subsidiary of Ferrovial, Webber has access to a global network of skilled engineers, best-in-class technology and vast resources.
Job Description: Works from plans to build, assemble, fit together, align, plumb, and set in place forms for molding concrete structures.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Checks forms while concrete is being placed.
- Directs others in stripping forms after concrete is placed.
- May install miscellaneous materials integral to concrete structures.
- May install precast concrete elements.
- Prepares for slipforming traffic rail and median barrier.
- May install permanent metal deck forms.
- May work with power tools.
- Whatever enhances the operations of the company
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to the supervisor and/or Human Resources
Safety Policies and Practices: The employee in this job must be knowledgeable about and follow the company’s safety policies and procedures as described in the company’s safety manual.
Education: less than High School Diploma.
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Experience: Minimum 0-3 years of related construction experience preferred.
Physical Activity Level: Heavy physical activity performing strenuous day activities of a primarily productive/technical nature.
Manual Dexterity: Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers. Able to perceive attributes of objects and materials.
Working Conditions: Outdoor exposure to changing weather conditions (rain, sun, snow, wind, etc.).
Work Environment: The work environment/physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; and high and/ or precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- ELIGIBILITY FOR EMPLOYMENT IN THE UNITED STATES: Webber participates in E-Verify. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States of America to qualify for employment with the Company.
- APPLICATION REVIEW AND INTERVIEWS: Candidates whose applications are identified will be contacted by the hiring manager to participate in the interview process.
- DRUG TEST: Candidates who are identified and selected for a position are required to complete and pass a drug screen to be considered for employment with Webber.
- PHYSICAL: Candidates who are identified and selected for a field position are required to complete and pass a medical exam to ensure physical and/or mental capacity to complete the tasks required by the job.
- CONFIDENTIALITY: All information gathered from the candidate for the purpose of pre-employment screening and other Company-related documents are confidential. Webber does not provide copies or access to this information unless required by law.
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Webber - Traffic Control Laborer - Heavy CivilKaufman, TX, Texas (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 1 March, 2024
Webber - Concrete Finisher - Webber Barrier ServicesHouston, TX, Texas (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 29 February, 2024
Webber - Dozer Operator - Heavy Civil - Kemah, TXHouston, TX, Texas (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 29 February, 2024
Maintenance Technician Lead - BC CintraCharlotte, North Carolina (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 29 February, 2024
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch