The highway consists of two segments: Málaga-Estepona and Estepona-Guadiaro. Both are a part of the European route E15. They unite the flow of short- and medium-range traffic from Málaga and its airport, as well as long-range traffic originating and ending in the Bay of Gibraltar.
The best alternative
The Málaga-Estepona-Guadiaro highway notably contributes to the flow of traffic along the Costa del Sol. It offers a safe, effective alternative in a semi-urban, high-traffic corridor.
It consists of two segments: Málaga-Estepona and Estepona-Guadiaro. Both are a part of the European route E15. They unite the flow of short- and medium-range traffic from Málaga and its airport, as well as long-range traffic originating and ending in the Bay of Gibraltar.
Safe, fast and convenience
The highway has roadways separated by an average of 12 m. Its route includes ten tunnels, 65 bridges and viaducts, and optimal visibility conditions due to its adaptation to the terrain’s orography. It also has three lanes in each direction in the areas where needed due to the high volume of traffic to ensure smooth-flowing traffic at all times.
Along the route, the highway has four service areas in each direction. They all have a gas station, a shop, a restaurant, and rest areas.
Ease at your fingertips
The highway puts several options for tolls at the user’s disposal so that they may freely choose the payment method that they prefer: cash, credit or debit card, or VIA-T, which allows drivers to pay the toll without stopping.
Autopista del Sol is committed to innovation, as shown by the implementation of technological advances that make things easier for users. Therefore, payment by contactless card is accepted, as well as with any mobile device (smartphone, smartwatch, etc.) that uses the NFC protocol.
Minimizing acoustic impact
Among the measures for reducing noise, the following are of particular note:
- Acoustic screens: These screens, which are installed on the highway, act as an obstacle between the emission site and the receptor, bringing the noise levels down to the limits permitted by law. Additionally, these screens’ building characteristics and materials are perfectly suited to the area, so they can be installed as anything from reflective plexiglass screens to absorbent screens made of porous concrete.
- Absorbent pavement: In this case, the intended purpose of absorbent pavement is to reduce traffic noise produced by the interactions between tires and the surface of the pavement.
The purpose of these measures is none other than to attempt to lower the noise levels coming from vehicular traffic that may affect sensitive receptors, such as communities or environmentally-protected areas.
A highway certified with the UNE ISO 9001, 14001, and 39001 regulations
The Autopista del Sol has three certifications:
- UNE ISO 9001, which certifies the implementation of the quality system
- UNE ISO 14001, which certifies the implementation of the environmental management system
- UNE ISO 39001, which certifies the implementation of the road safety management system
Ausol I (Málaga-Estepona) – Ausol II (Estepona-Guadiaro)