Assistant Design Manager - Ontario Line South
JR02143 - JOB_POSTING-3-1235
Posted on 10 March, 2023
Mississauga, ON, Ontario (Canada)
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 490 km of tunnels, 19,200 km of roads (including 4,000 km of highways), 4,700 km of railroad lines (including 700 km of high-speed railroads) and 27,350 km of road maintenance and repair.
The Assistant Design Manager will support the Design Manager and the Technical Director on the proper management of the Design Team for the achievement of a detailed design work product compliant with the Output Specifications of the Ontario Line South project, and the company policies and goals. The Deputy Design Manager will work towards a sound and efficient technical solution, complying with the stablished schedule and budget. The Deputy Design Manager will support the Design Manager and the Technical Director ensuring proper project controls for the successful performance of the Design Team, and adequate management of design consultants.. The Deputy Design Manager will have strong technical relationships with design consultants and will engage directly with the Client and their technical advisors during the design process, as directed by the Design Manager and the Technical Director.
- Supports the Design leadership team, leading technical proposals, write ups of technical and contractual documentation, conceptualizing and developing technical packages.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the Design Management Plan for the project.
- Supports the leadership of the design development and manages high performance design teams and designers in charge of the detailed design.
- Responsible for ensuring the design produced complies with health, safety, environmental and quality requirements.
- Establishes and reports proper project controls for the detailed design budget providing updates and forecast as required. Reviews and validates design consultants’ payments, as directed by the Design Manager and the Technical Director.
- Responsible for the close tracking of design progress and schedule, producing regular progress reports, as required by the Client and company policies.
- Leads the control of bill of quantities derived from the development of detailed design, to ensure achievement of a cost-efficient design
- Promotes, explores and materialises value engineering opportunities throughout the design process and contributes to identify and develop new technical opportunities and optimizations.
- Manages processes related to the project's design to ensure that everything is delivered to schedule and budget, working very closely with estimators, schedulers, quantity surveyors, site managers and other key members of the project team
- Supports the design submissions to the Client and resolving the comments received in the review process.
- Supports the Design Manager and the Technical Director providing the necessary technical support to the construction team to accommodate the required construction means and methods.
- Supports the team to compile the necessary documentation to achieve Substantial Completion and Final Completion after the commissioning process.
- Provides technical support to the Quality and Construction team on resolving the Non-Conformance Reports, as needed
- Drives and inspires technical excellence by creating an environment of learning and innovation that attracts and develops the best talent reflective of the diversity of our clients.
- Provides strong leadership by example, leveraging strong organizational, managerial, technical, process, and people management skills that can motivate a team.
- Civil Engineer, or similar degree
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng) license in province of work preferred.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience including similar positions in major urban infrastructure projects.
- Accustomed to project controls, including use of tracking tools for cost control and schedule control
- Knowledge of design principles for tunneling, structures, and geotechnical engineering.
- Proficiency in the use of standard Microsoft Office products and design software
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
#ferrovialconstruction #Canada #entrylevel
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch