Associate Project Manager
JR04279 - JOB_POSTING-3-3010
Posted on 6 September, 2023
Atlanta, GA, Austin, TX, Fort Worth, Mississauga, ON, New York, NY, Georgia, New York, Ontario, Texas (Canada, United States of America)
Entry Level Development
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 304 miles of tunnels, 11,930 miles of roads (including 2,485 miles of highways), 2920 miles of railroad lines (including 434 miles of high-speed railroads) and 16,994 miles of road maintenance and repair.
Ferrovial Construction is seeking talented civil engineering students to start their career from one of its affiliated projects in the United States. Ferrovial Construction will provide engineering students practical experience that will aid in progressing their careers in Engineering and Construction Management. Ferrovial Construction is rapidly expanding its presence in the United States and looking to cultivate future leaders who demonstrate a collaborative attitude, innovation, and strong drive for results.
About Us: Ferrovial is the world's leading private investor in transportation infrastructures, with activities in construction, management, maintenance, and services. Ferrovial has a workforce of more than 4,000 people across the US and over 20,000 around the world and operations in more than 15 countries. Ferrovial Construction is the construction division of the company and is involved in all areas of construction, namely civil works, building, and industrial works around the world. Within the context of civil works, the company designs and builds all types of infrastructures such as roads, railways, hydraulic projects, maritime works, hydroelectric works, and industrial projects.
Within the North America, Ferrovial Construction has been awarded contracts in an amount exceeding $18 Billion USD and has completed projects in Ontario Canada, Indiana, North Carolina, and Texas, USA and is currently overseeing the construction of highways in California, Georgia, New York, Virginia, Texas and Toronto, Ontario. The company is pursuing dozens of additional heavy civil projects throughout the Unites States and Canada.
The position of Associate Project Manager will support the Discipline Manager and coordinate the construction activities for certain construction activities of the project segment. The Associate Project Manager shall have the responsibility to support site administration and coordination of site operations, quality control, health and safety, and cost control for field operations of a defined area or type of construction activities for the project under the direction of the Discipline Manager.
- Report to the Discipline Manager, implement, manage, maintain, and administer certain processes related to construction as required.
- Perform quantity take-offs and cost estimates.
- Inspect quality of work and safety compliance according to available standards.
- Support Discipline Manager with onsite control of field works (quality, safety, and compliance of the Design).
- Prepare labor schedules as needed.
- Order and receive materials, supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Propose change orders and perform cost control of relevant activities.
- Recommend solutions to design changes throughout construction process.
- May manage subcontractor scope of work respective to various contracts.
- Any other reasonable request deemed necessary by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, Construction Management/Science, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated qualities of leadership and hard work
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents, drawings, and specifications
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess strong attention to detail and can work in a fast-paced environment; an eagerness to learn and apply your engineering skills to develop creative problem-solving designs/ideas
- Strong commitment to high standards, integrity, and ethics
- Excellent command of Microsoft Excel.
Compensation: Salary with fulltime benefits
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch