Estimator - Houston (Texas)
Posted on 17 March, 2023
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 304 miles of tunnels, 11,930 miles of roads (including 2,485 miles of highways), 2920 miles of railroad lines (including 434 miles of high-speed railroads) and 16,994 miles of road maintenance and repair.
Ferrovial Energy Solutions was recently created to develop the Energy business in Ferrovial Construcción within the Horizon 24 strategic framework, and currently integrates T&I activities, Renewable Generation and Energy Efficiency projects. It is currently present in Spain, USA, Portugal and Chile, but with the intention of being present in all key geographies for Ferrovial Construction.
Company: Ferrovial Webber Energy
This position will be based at our offices in Houston (Texas, USA)
While you will be primarily based in Houston, your position may involve travel, both domestic and international.
A preconstruction manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the preconstruction phase of construction projects. This includes tasks such as estimating costs, preparing budgets, and developing schedules.
Specific responsibilities of a preconstruction manager may include:
- Reviewing project plans and specifications to determine project feasibility such as project siting constraints, land, solar panels, inverters, and racking technologies, BOS (balance of system) considerations, and solar resource data to maximize project value. Compile conceptual estimates, including project benchmarks and other details
- Developing cost estimates and budgets for projects, participating in third parties RFP's as well as Ferrovial and Webber group projects
- Coordinating with architects, engineers, and other design professionals to refine project plans
- Identifying and negotiating with subcontractors and suppliers
- Developing schedules and timelines for project completion
- Reviewing and negotiating contracts with clients
- Managing the bidding process for subcontractors
- Providing regular updates to clients and team members on project progress
- Identifying and addressing potential problems or issues that may arise during the preconstruction phase
- Preferably you should have a bachelor's degree in construction management or a related field
- Several years of experience in the construction industry. At least 2+ years in Solar and/or Wind Energy
- Should have strong communication, organization, and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Microsoft Project experience is a plus
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, prioritization, and time management skills. Ability to multi-task while managing multiple projects and multiple engineering team initiatives
#ferrovialconstruction #Spain #sinexperiencia
Administrativo/a de Obra Junior - AsturiasAsturias, Spain Full time Production Posted today
Gestor/a de Eficiencia Energética - VitoriaAlava, Spain Full time Production Posted today
CapatazMadrid, Spain Full time Production Posted on 27 March, 2023
Jefe/a de Mantenimiento - Cadagua SaguntoValencia, Spain Full time Production Posted on 23 March, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch