Health and Safety Advisor
JR04488 - JOB_POSTING-3-3699
Posted on 1 November, 2023
Chipping Warden, GBR - FCCS - TVV, Buckinghamshire (United Kingdom)
Health & Safety
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. The company has presence in 6 main markets. It is a member of Spain’s blue-chip IBEX 35 index and is also included in prestigious sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and FTSE4Good. We deliver value-driven, complex multi-disciplinary design and construction solutions across varied sectors worldwide, including transport, energy and water. Our people make this happen, bringing a diverse range of experiences, prospectives and backgrounds to fuel fresh thinking as we meet the unique needs of the clients and communities we serve. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and leaving a sustainable legacy. At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals. As one of the industry’s most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
Health, Safety and Wellbeing Advisor
Location: – – Aylesbury
Reporting to: Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager
FC Civils Solutions is looking for a HSW Advisor to join the HS2 Aylesbury project team.
- Responsible for overseeing your project with a direct report into the HSW Manager in regard to Health, Safety and Wellbeing (HSW).
- Provide competent health and safety advice and support to your allocated project.
- Develop a close working relationship with the Projects client, supply chain and other stakeholders to ensure effective communication between all parties on HSW matters.
- To promote FC Civils Solutions “Always Safe and Always Ready’ company values in all dealings with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts
- Chair, Attend and contribute to site meetings, forums and workshops, both internally and externally, representing the project on all HS&W matters.
- Actively involved and ensuring that HS&W risks are identified and mitigated through the project construction phase.
- Assist in maintaining and seeking continuous improvement in the strategies, policies, and procedures in relation to current industry best practice and minimum statutory requirements
- Ensure that the allocated project is maintaining records in line with FC Civils Solutions company procedures and legal minimum requirements
- Monitor close out of H&S reviews and audits within prescribed timescales.
- Participate as requested by the HSW Manager in Health, Safety & Environment audits.
- Monitor and ensure the Site Inspections Rota is followed and closed out.
- Undertake a weekly HSW inspection report key finding to the HSW Manager and Site Team.
- Advise the HSW Manager of any onsite incidents and to follow the Project Emergency Escalation.
- To lead on Local Investigation Reports and to contribute to Formal Investigation Reports, ensuring that all initial investigations are robust with all findings clearly evidenced by the data and supporting meaningful remedial actions.
- H&S KPI data management, analysis and reporting to the HSW Manager on a monthly basis. Identifying trends where appropriate and leading or assisting in the development of associated action plans.
- Review FCCS and subcontractor risk assessments and method statements / Task Briefings
- Review Project Plans developed for your allocated project.
- Undertake Site Inductions where necessary
- Provide advise on-site Environmental and Sustainability safety.
- Assist the HSW Manager in the development of Visual Standards.
Skills and experience
- 2+ years’ Health and Safety Advisor experience working in working in Construction / Civils
- Good knowledge of working in civil engineering environments
- NEBOSH Construction (desirable) or equivalent health & safety qualification, NEBOSH general accepted
- Detailed knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation and industry best practice
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage at a variety of levels throughout the business, including with the Client.
- Possess a level of technical experience to be able to constructively contribute to problem solving complex and sensitive safe systems of work from a pragmatic perspective.
- Good influencing and persuasive skills with an ability to build effective working relationships with people at all levels.
- Good listening, reflection and questioning skills to act as an effective coach to managers, supervisors and staff.
- Has a hands-on approach.
- A working knowledge of ISO45001 (desirable)
- A good understanding of accident investigation techniques
- Minimum Tech IOSH (working towards Grad IOSH)
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
FC Civils Solutions embraces diversity and inclusion, and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Health, Safety and Wellbeing AdvisorHeathrow, Middlesex (United Kingdom) Full time Health & Safety Posted on 19 December, 2023
Health, Safety and Wellbeing AdvisorHeathrow, Middlesex (United Kingdom) Full time Health & Safety Posted on 10 October, 2023
HSW AdvisorHeathrow, Middlesex (United Kingdom) Full time Health & Safety Posted on 15 August, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch