Legal Counsel (Technology and Intellectual Property)
JR01589 - JOB_POSTING-3-2828
Posted on 17 August, 2023
Austin, TX, Texas (United States of America)
Who is Cintra? With US headquarters in Austin, Texas, Cintra is the leading private-sector transportation infrastructure company in the world, with experience spanning over 50 years of innovative highway development on four continents. Today, its portfolio includes nearly 1,200 miles of managed highways globally, representing a total global investment in roadway improvements of over $24.8 billion. Cintra manages over $10 billion of infrastructure projects in the United States and more than $4.7 billion of infrastructure projects in Canada. What makes us different? Our people come first. We want every single employee to develop both professionally and personally. With a strong focus on growth potential, we look to our internal employees as potential candidates for both national and international opportunities. We aim to achieve greatness by promoting from within every chance we get. We work hard and play hard and strive every day for success and achievement. With a diverse group of professionals working in a fast-paced environment, we achieve milestones constantly. And if that weren’t enough, we also offer our employees highly competitive insurance benefits, Paid Time Off, and a matching 401(k) program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyze and manage the company’s risk exposure by reviewing contract documents to identify risk and the best solution(s) to mitigate such risk
• Review, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of commercial and procurement related contracts, ( Intellectual property licensing and transfers, outsourcing, consulting, hosting, data sharing , software development and SaaS agreements) including compliance, data protection (GDPR) and cybersecurity matters.
• Review, drafting, and negotiating Joint Venture Agreements.
• Advise on intellectual property rights focusing on patents and trademarks.
• Advise on public procurement matters and participating in contractual negotiations with public entities and a range of customers, suppliers, and partners in the transportation sector.
• Advise on legal matters related to Digital business, including marketing promotions and PCI compliance.
• Prepare reports and legal opinions for the executive management and recommend a certain course of action on the basis of a legal review of the company’s business.
• Review, maintain and update the company’s corporate documents to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements regarding corporate governance.
• Monitor new legislation to identify potential areas of concern and the best solution to remedy such concern.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to fulfill those duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
• Law Degree (J.D.) required
• Bar License in US
• 7 to 10+ years or more of substantive experience in transactional and litigation practice areas of law in the IT or technology sector and/or law firm or inhouse legal function and ideally with experience in the transportation infrastructure industry
• Effectively manage tasks and deadlines independently
• Ability to interact with colleagues in a self-managed team structure
• Superior interpersonal communication, decision-making, project management and negotiating skills
• Must be able to multitask, problem solve, prioritize, and implement innovative processes within a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to demonstrate computer proficiency, especially within Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
• Some travel required, may include occasional air travel
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus, as necessary to use a computer
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
• The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit
Senior Legal CounselDallas, Texas (United States of America) Full time Legal Posted on 8 September, 2023
Project Legal CounselNew York, NY, New York (United States of America) Full time Legal Posted on 14 August, 2023
Senior Legal Counsel, USAustin, TX, Texas (United States of America) Full time Legal Posted on 15 June, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch